CJRS.
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2021

Bose NC 700 auto off feature issue

Hi Bose team, 

I've recently received the NC Bose 700 headphones 🎧 to which im getting to know the ins & outs of all the features & I've encountered issues regarding the auto off motion features, it literally doesn't shut off with the auto shut feature even when the headphone are inside its case with no motion or sound being played regardless of time.  

I decided to get these particular headset out of a couple of choices i had because of this specific feature which are claimed to work as advertised.  I resorted in restarting & re installing the apps as well as rebooting the headphones and my 2 devices yet getting no results. 

im currently residing in the Caribbean’s & i use the 700 headphones in my house environment with my 7plus iphone & ipad pro 12.9 model, all apps softwares and gadgets are up to date. 

I always wanted to be part of the Bose client experience yet my recent experience are quite weird not to mention the Bose app experience which is even weirder because of the app miss functioning & the equalizer not being present at all ect. 

To what im visualizing while going online to get some help with my issue with the Bose 700 seems like this whole Bose experience thing is literally feeling like the company is being run by individuals that doesn't give a crap to what the bose brand suppose to really represent its like is being shut down and we are left alone to figure it all out by our self. 

what can be done with this issue ? 

regards

CJ

6 REPLIES 6
Sam_F

Re: Bose NC 700 auto off feature issue

Hey CJ,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I'm sorry to hear you feel that way, but at Bose, we're always happy to help our user base with any issues.

From what you've mentioned, it seems you're encountering an issue with the auto-off feature of the headphones, as they're not turning off when being placed in the case. Have you confirmed that the 'Motion Detection' feature under Settings > Power > Auto-Off is enabled? Also, to preserve battery life you can adjust the Auto-off timer to whatever suits you best.

Also, have you ensured your product firmware is up-to-date from our BTU site? This will help your device receive the latest bug fixes and feature releases. Let me know if things improve or not!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
CJRS.
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2021

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply & yes I've tried the steps you have indicated including others i even restarted the headset & no results. 

hope i soon find a good solution because this was one of the main features that made me purchase the 700. 

regards,

Cj

Keith_L

No worries CJRS, thanks for letting us know!

When you say you have restarted the headphones, was this by performing a reset following the instructions shown HERE? If not, it would definitely be worth trying this reset.

As the EQ setting is not showing in the app as well, it may be that the motion detections is not correctly being controlled by the app when you enable it as well. I would recommend uninstalling the app from your devices, restarting them, then reinstalling the app. Once the app is reinstalled, see if the EQ is then present, and whether disabling, then re-enabling the auto-off feature allows the headphones to turn off when not in use.

Let me know how you get on!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
CJRS.
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2021

Hi, 

I did try those steps several times with no results. I also deleted & reinstalled the app several times with no results as well. 

Regarding the equalizer feature someone has mention this feature was deleted & the app was reconfigured once again. If true i would really appreciate if you guys can find a way to resolve this issue. 

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to us! 

Are you using the app on one device in particular? If so I would recommend trying a different device. 

Let us know! 

CJRS.
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2021

Hi, 

yes im using multiple devices, iPhone 7 plus & ipad pro 12.9 same results. I believe the app is whats being faulty here which i also have deleted & reinstalled with no positive results.