sharmadine
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

Bose NC 700 - call voice issues

Hi,

I purchased Bose NC 700 headphones and got delivered 3 days back. My experience until today was awesome. Multiple conference call on my Mac and phone calls, all were smooth and clear.

Since today (4th day of usage) when I am on call on phone/Mac, others voice starts crackling/breaking. First I thought it's an issue with other people's mic/headphones but soon realized it was my Bose NC 700's issue. The funny bit was that I was telling others that they have issues with their connection/headset because I was believing all is well on my side 🙂

Please help and suggest if its an issue with my headphone or any setting that I need to optimize?

Thanks for helping out.

7 REPLIES 7
Jessie_O

Re: Bose NC 700 - call voice issues

Hey Sharmadine, 

I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying the NC700 headphones! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues whilst on a call, this is certainly unusual. Are the headphones otherwise functioning correctly?

I'd recommend clearing the pairing list to eliminate an issue in the connection. You can do this by following the instructions outlined at the LINK HERE.

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
sharmadine
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

Thank you for your quick guidance. I will follow the suggest and come back if this resolves the issue.

febmurdani
Participant
Registered since

Sep 13, 2020

Hi,

I have the same exact issue with the phone calls. There is buble sound throughout phonecalls. But the sounds is OK for Video or Music.

I have followed the instructions to clear the pairs as suggested, but the issue still persist. Please advise.

Br, Feb

Jessie_O

Hey Feb, 

Thank you so much for reaching out and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your phone calls, I'll be happy to help you! 

I would recommend making sure you are running the most recent firmware version. You can do this by heading to the LINK HERE on a laptop or PC and following the on-screen instructions. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
psollich
Participant
Registered since

Sep 22, 2020

Hi, I have two mic-related issues with recently purchased Bose NCH700 headphones (running latest firmware 1.7.0):

- The headphones pair ok with my Android phone (Samsung A5) but there is no option of using the mic other than for calls - other apps can only use the headphones as output devices. I'm assuming this is not a design restriction and caused by something I'm doing wrong - but what?

- Where I can check the quality of what the headphone mic picks up, e.g. in recordings of conference calls I make on my Macbook Air, it's poor: distorted and with high frequencies cut off, to the extent that I've often had to switch back to the Mac's internal mic when people complain they can hardly understand what I'm saying. What could be causing this? Hardware fault? I've seen there are Bluetooth issues on Windows PCs that ruin the mic quality but I thought Macs weren't affected by this.

Any help gratefully received!

700sraweful
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2021

I have the inear 700s.  great for music ...lousy for calls!  Actually, useless for calls.  The idea for removing all pairs is ...try this try that.  The fact of the matter is they dont have a resolution to why this call sound quality stinks.  Waste of money!

700sraweful
Participant
Registered since

Jun 10, 2021

renamed quiet comfort earbuds