Current headphone status:

- Most updated software 1.31.1

- Already tried the reboot method

- Turned off the 1 hour motion sensor preference in Bose app

- Auto Off set at 40 minutes

The Problem:

- Using a Macbook Air 2015

- Headphones automatically disconnect within 5 minutes of use

- Must manually turn off Macbook bluetooth and turn on bluetooth to reconnect headphones

- Headphones automatically switch from playing sound on headphones to playing sound on macbook speakers

What I want as a customer that paid $400 for something that I think is not worth $400:

- Seamless bluetooth connection

- QC headphones that won't quit on me

I am a loyal Bose customer. I own 3 different Bose speaker products, so I was excited to finally be an owner of a headphone set. I am beyond the 30 day return trial period and cannot refund my headphones, so I am extremely sad that I am stuck with a product that I am 100% UNSATISFIED with. Please help me, I really wanted these headphones to be perfect. I just want these NC 700s to stop disconnecting to my laptop so I can listen to music while having QC mode on. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Bose NC 700 disconnects from Macbook after 5 minutes

Hi ineedhelpplease,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble using your headphones with your MacBook and I would be happy to help with this.

Just to check with you, do you only see this happen with your MacBook? If you connect to another device, do the headphones also turn off after 5 minutes?

Also, on your MacBook are you running the Mac OS Catalina? The reason I ask is there have been a few reported instances of this happening since the Catalina update over on the Apple forums, so this could be connected to that. If it only happens on your Mac it would be a good idea to contact Apple for assistance with this as well.

We do also have a handy guide for using Bluetooth headphones with a computer, the information on there will help you make sure you are getting the best out of your headphones when used with your Mac.

Let me know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 disconnects from Macbook after 5 minutes

I am experiencing almost identical issues as the original post. To confirm, I am running macOS Catalina. Below is the process that I go through to replicate the issue:

1. Turn on my Bose 700 headphones
  2. The headphones will auto-connect to both my Galaxy s9 and my MacBook Air (running macOS Catalina Version 10.15.2)
  3. After voice confirmation of the connection to my MacBook Air, I receive a voice alert that my device was disconnected from my MacBook Air. The time frame between connection and disconnection varies between a matter of seconds to upwards of 15-30 minutes. 
  4. To reset my connection, I need to open the Bose Music app and toggle on the connection to my MacBook Air.
  5. After I re-establish the connection, the connection typically maintains until I disconnect/shut off the headphones and start the process over again. 

When the headphones are disconnected from my MacBook Air, the audio continues to play from my Macbook Air. 

I also connect my headphones to my Samsung Galaxy s9 and have never once experienced this issue. I have not tried connecting the headphones to any other devices. 

This is a consistent issue - it's happened every single day since I unboxed my Bose 700 headphones.