boss2boss
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2021

Bose NC 700 headphone get interrupted even in quiet environment

Bose product name: NC 700 headphone

Firmware Version: Latest

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.): Windows 10

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce:

I got some connection issues when pairing with two devices like other users reported. So, I only paired one device at a time and removed the headphone from the Bluetooth list of other previously connected device. I also cleared the bluetooth list from the headphone. However, even I used the headphone in a quiet environment (somebody reported audio getting interrupted when there was a sudden loud noise), the sound from the headphone got interrupted like several times a second. I was in front of the computer. I removed the 700 from the Windows PC's bluetooth list and cleared the list int he headphone again but same problem.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Quiet room

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Updated to the latest firmware and cleared the Bluetooth list from the headphone. Also, removed the headphone from all other previously connected devices.

5 REPLIES 5
Marvin_B

Re: Bose NC 700 headphone get interrupted even in quiet environment

Hi boss2boss.

Thank you for your post. Sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Electronics needs resetting from time to time to correct minor issues. Please do the same with your headphones and phone.

To reboot your headset:

Product settings are retained during this reset. (Note: A second reboot may be necessary if the headphones appear unresponsive after the first.)

1. Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  2. Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  3. On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  4. Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.
    Tip: If the headphones are unresponsive after a reset, reset them a second time.
Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
boss2boss
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2021

Hi Marvin_B,

It does not work. Now it cannot even connect to my PC. I have disconnected all previously connected devices and also cleared the Bluetooth list from the headphone. Tried to reconnect to my PC again but it does not even show up on the Bluetooth list. 

This product has been around since 2019 but there are still so many software-related issues with this headphone. The ability to connect to two devices should work but we users have issues and to accommodate the issues, some of us just use one device at a time. However, it does not work all the time. We users don't have the time to beta test for your company.

Charlotte_G

@boss2boss Sorry to hear that you're now unable to connect your headphones to your PC. When clearing the Bluetooth pairing list, do you hear the headphones announce "Bluetooth device list cleared"? I just want to check to ensure that the clearing was definitely completed. 

To clarify, did the issue with the interruptions when only connected to the PC, or with two devices connected?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
boss2boss
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2021

Hi Charlotte_G, yes I heard that the Bluetooth device list cleared. For the issue in this thread, only connected to the PC. 

If I connected two devices, I got interference like other users reported. That is why I connected to only one device.

Thanks

Vicky_W

@boss2boss, just to confirm, are you no longer able to pair your headphones to any device?

In regards to the noise issues you are experiencing, there is a thread here I would recommend posting on as this thread has the most visibility and can keep all users having the same issue together if the development team needs any information in the future.