Mattyku
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 keep rebooting or disconnecting from a device after high pitched noise

Yep. Received a replacement after massive restart loop issues. Then, my replacements work mostly fine until I update the firmware...

Now I am struggling with constant issues. These barely work as headphones and I paid so much money for them. 2 years later and Bose has basically bricked these things. It's a shame. They aren't going to let me return them, but I'll be buying Sony from now on.

Pr1nzJ
Participant
Registered since

Jan 24, 2021

Re: Bose NC 700 keep rebooting or disconnecting from a device after high pitched noise

Having the same issue but even worse. Headphone restart every 2 minutes. On booting the battery update voice is clipped. Headphones are completely unusable. Can I please have a reply from bose on how to have these fixes?

Pr1nzJ
Participant
Registered since

Jan 24, 2021

I'm having the exact same issue. One found that connecting with media option off on the phone establishes a stable connection. Then turning on media in the blue tooth settings allows for reasonable use until I get a call and then the danger issue again. Worse as it shuts down during the call. Does Bose have a release date for firmware fix?

365nice
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 30, 2020

@LordAsmodeus666  how do you downgrade the firmware? Mine have updated to 1.8.x and I would love to go back to 1.3.x they shipped with. I don’t need the EQ but would like non stuttering sound like they shipped with. I didn’t think it was an option to go back?

sbutton
Participant
Registered since

Feb 17, 2021

Is there any progress with this? Pretty shocking for a £300+ set of headphones. Is there any solution on offer from Bose? Mine have been doing this for months, but it seems to settle down after the first few reboots. It's not updating the firmware, I have checked that. Will be looking for alternatives next time, unless this gets sorted.

Gnyrk65
Participant
Registered since

Feb 21, 2021

I have the same problem with my Bose nc 700 restarting all the time in a loop, so they do not connect to my phone before they restart, very annoying.
problems even with the Bose Music app that does not connect to the headphones.
I have tried what is described in the thread.
I have no desire to leave them for service and wait 4-5 weeks, I want to use my headphones, that's why I bought them.
how can I update them if I can not connect to the app?

What can I do?

Sur_real1
Participant
Registered since

Feb 22, 2021

On my second set of 700's and 3 weeks in and I'm experiencing this issue as well.  It seemed to have started after the firmware updated to the latest 1.8.2.  Hey Bose, allow us to downgrade our firmware.  Clearly this latest version is exhibiting some serious issues.

taiguy
Participant
Registered since

Feb 18, 2021

I'm using a galaxy s21 ultra and also have the UE Boom app installed. On newer firmware versions there's some app incompatibility between Bose Music and maybe the UE Boom app.

If you uninstall the Bose Music app the reboot loop stops and the headphones will function normally.

My connect, then reboot once, and the second connection has been solid for hours.

Pretty annoying this is even a problem.

jmoon0714
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 25, 2021

I am also using a galaxy s21 ultra and have the UE Boom app installed as well. I cannot pinpoint exactly when this issue started happening but I want to say it happened after the update and after installing the Bose Music app. Uninstalling the Bose Music app does not stop the reboot loop for me. 

jmoon0714
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 25, 2021

I believe this issue is due to bluetooth. The issue does not happen when the headphone's bluetooth is off and is used with a wired connection (state of headphones: On but with bluetooth disabled by connecting with a cable).