Bose NC 700 keep rebooting or disconnecting from a device after high pitched noise
Since about a month ago, so probably after the latest firmware update, I'm experiencing several issues with my Bose NC 700 headphones making them unusable:
- The headphones randomly reboots from time to time. Some times, it reboots in cycles.
- When not rebooting, connecting to my device(s) is unreliable and difficult (I need to restart the headphones and Bluetooth on my phone and try to a couple times before making it work).
- Once I'm able to connect, after a few minutes of a working connection, I hear a high pitched noise and then it reboots and the problem start again.
Here's what I've already done:
- Use my headphone with only one device
- Forget my headphones on all devices and reset Bluetooth connections on the headphones.
- Install bose software updater that confirmed that I'm running the latest version.
I've tried resetting my headphones following these instructions:
1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones.
2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.
3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.
4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue.
I've tried it many times in many configurations, but after point 3., I never got to a blinking blue light. I only have the white blinking light indicating that it's charging.
Any idea what I can do?