Highlighted
getschi
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Bose NC 700 noise on left ear

I am experiencing noise on the left ear while just having NC on, no BT devices connected. I already updated the latest firmware.

Also while cycling (NC disabled completely) I get a lot of wind distortions sent into both speakers.

I did not experience both things on the 35II.

Is this also affecting other users? Maybe these are some faulty Headphones?

27 REPLIES 27
iamloeky
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 noise on left ear

I've got the same issue - just purchased them yesterday. It's almost as though the NC is uneven, or lets sound directly in some how. Did not experience that with QC35's.

Am attempting an exchange - but will return and wait if that doesn't solve. Unacceptable. 

Hi Getschi and iamloeky, 

Thank you both for posting and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are both experiencing this issue and would love to assist you further with this. 

Can you both please confirm if you get this issue when connected to a device as well as on all Noise Cancelling settings? I would highly recommend that you both ensure that the headphones are correctly seated on your head as well as resetting the headphones by:

• Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

Please update me on the result of these steps. If any other members of the community have also had this issue and found a resolution please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

[Moderator Revision]

iamloeky
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Hi Hector - 

I followed the instructions this morning. The instructions outlined aren't accurate to the experience - no blinking bluetooth light comes on after holding the Power/Bluetooth button as described. This error has been mentioned elsewhere on the foum a few times.

That said, the 'reset' if it was completed did not appear to have any impact on the issue described here. I cannot confirm if the reset was completed as the light did not come on as described - but I did hold for a good 2-3 minutes to give it ample time to respond. So --- I'm pursuing a replacement via customer service.

If you can clarify the instructions or advise how to confirm a reset was 'actually' completed, please reply back.

getschi
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

The reset method is not working as iamloeky already stated.

The noise on the left ear is there regardless of connected devoces or not, as is the problem with the wind noise.

Hello all, 

Thank you for providing further information.

Regarding the reset method, I would like to apologize as the instructions were not clear. I have managed to get some clarification and can confirm that the reset process is as follows:

• Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  • Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  • Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds.

Be sure that the cushions are securely attached to the earcup. If the ear cushion is not affixed to the ear cup properly, the noise reduction or sound quality may be affected. 

Be sure the earcups are tightly seated against the head. Glasses, earrings, and hats may prevent the headphone cushions from forming a tight seal around the ear. Remove any of these items and retest the noise-canceling feature.

Should the issue persist, please do get in contact with our customer service team as it is more than likely you have a faulty product. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Please accept my apologies that I cannot help further with this matter. I welcome any questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Harper2
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 24, 2019

quote: Is this also affecting other users? Maybe these are some faulty Headphones?

Yes I too have this problem, a low frequence hiss. 

Also the cabin preasure seems higher on the left.

I have rougly 3500 hours on my QC35's and the noise cancelation has diminished to almost zero in almost 2 years.

Was happy to have proper NC back but the hiss is unbearable, I really only use them for the NC, no music.

I will try to exchange the 700's but if the replacement has it too it's over for me.

vagmoli
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2019

Just want to add my story to the mix. My first pair had this exact problem with an uneven NC pressure in the right headphone. My second pair had a mechanical fault in the right earcup and would creak quite loudly and my now third pair has the exact same NC pressure issue again in the right cup. It seems the QC on these headphones is frankly quite trash. I'm sure the guys at the store must think I'm being a tool by now.

The only way I've managed to get rid of the sound is to disable NC through the app. Simply setting it to 0 does not work, so this is clearly an issue with the NC.

sunnyraj
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

I just bought my headphones yesterday and I seem to be having the same problem. There is a constant hiss on the left side. The reset method does not work.

iamloeky
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

7/30 Update: For those with this issue, reach out to Bose Support for a return/exchange for a new pair. The second pair I just received appears to have resolved the issue. Disappointing first experience for a new product, and will be watching carefully that these stand up to the quality the QC's did previously.