Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 noise on left ear

I just started to experience an intermittent, static, crackling noise in the left cup the other day. Today I could notice that it seemed appeared at the same time that the (packed) subway cart i was was in opened the doors (pressure related?) .

Anyway, judging from the lack of useful support in this and other software related threads I'm following on this board, I will simply demand an exchange for a functioning pair. Probably will have to stick with these over the holidays though - not happy about that.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

I have a similar issue as well, still have to try the reset thing though the consensus here is that it doesn't work. My symptoms are a slightly heightened NC pressure in the right earcup, as well as a slight but perceivable hiss. Alike to when you have water in your ear or something like that. 

This adds to a long list of issues with the headphones, pretty disappointing. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 22, 2019

Following my preceding post (see right above), I've carried out the suggested reset of the device, deleted all BT connections and tried both wired and wireless connection options. 

The pressure in the right cup still persists, now to the point of being highly uncomfortable and even almost painful. Especially after using the headphones for a while. I've also reverted the headphones to make sure the problem is not with my ears. It is not. 

Switching NC off in the phone app fixes the issue. For me, it looks like an uneven or faulty NC operation. The headphones are now six months old, I did not notice this problem before. Please advise, Bose. 

Highlighted

Hi Maxim K, 

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that the suggested troubleshooting in this thread has not resolved your issue, thank you for trying them!

At this point, I would recommend reaching out to your local technical support team by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of our team will be more than happy to assist you!

If there is anything else, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

@David W wrote:

I just started to experience an intermittent, static, crackling noise in the left cup the other day. Today I could notice that it seemed appeared at the same time that the (packed) subway cart i was was in opened the doors (pressure related?) .

Anyway, judging from the lack of useful support in this and other software related threads I'm following on this board, I will simply demand an exchange for a functioning pair. Probably will have to stick with these over the holidays though - not happy about that.

Just a quick update, I called Bose customer service and as always they were great. After returning my headphones I was sent a replacement pair which have been working fine so far in regards to the faulty left earcup.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

I bought the headphones today and immediately notices a static, low frequency rumbling noise on the left ear. It was unaffected by NC Level, only turning NC completely off fixed the issue. I returned them after 2 Hours. For a product in this price range, this is unacceptable

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

So irritated. Bought my first pair of 700 NCs, then had to exchange because of audio crackling.

Finally get my replacement pair, and then only a few minutes after wearing I start hearing the EXACT low frequency rumble in the left earcup described by everyone else in this forum. Completely UNACCEPTABLE for a $400+ product. I guess I'll have to exchange these AGAIN. Rubbish

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 30, 2020

Same problem here....
There is no representative in my country (Israel) in the list you sent....

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 30, 2020

Just got a new pair also.

Upon initial power up, no noise was generated and NC was amazing. I then connected to my phone via BT and all was still good. Then I connected them to my Samsung TV (again via BT) and that's when the noise in the left ear started... sounded like interference. I started moving around to see if it would change but that didn't help. I lowered the NC level to zero and the noise was much worse. I disconnected them from my TV... nothing changed. I disconnected them from my I-phone... nothing change. Now, as soon as I power then up, I always get the annoying noise in the left ear. I consider that any noise, as small as it may be, is totally unacceptable when you pay over $500 for a pair of headphone so these ones are going straight back to where they came from unless Bose tells me they have a miracle software solution to fix them!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2020

I'm having the same problem. If I lift the left ear cup sometimes that fixes it. Other times, I have to snap my fingers a couple of times for it to go away. 

My guess is that this is a bug with the noise cancelling software or one of the mics being used to drive it. BECAUSE... if I turn off noise cancelling the "water in the ear noise" goes away, but comes back as soon as I turn noise cancelling back on. 

I'm looking up ways to return my headset and hopefully get a replacement, which is somewhat complicated by the fact that I bought them from amazon. However, I ALSO bought the 3 year warranty!