Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Bose NC 700 not charging completely

Hello,

I have purchased Bose NC 700 headphones last year and I already got it replaced under warranty coverage because of issues with Bluetooth issues. Now in the new headphones I observed headphones is not charging completely to 20hrs. At first it got charged till 19+hrs and then it started going slowly and now it's getting charged only till 16hrs after keeping the charging ON for a overnight. I am totally surprised to see this many number of issues with such a premiere headphone.

Also I have already tried universal solution which Bose provides for any problem, i.e resetting headphones a couple of times and it's still the same. My worry is complete charging capacity is going down slowly. 

4 REPLIES 4
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 16, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 not charging completely

@Krish821,

Just to make sure...what firmware version you have? You know about the reduced battery life, and other issues after update to 1.4.12 right?

Noise Cancelling 700 Firmware Update - Reduced Battery Life Announcement  

Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Yes, I am having that issue after the firmware upgrade. Thanks for that link. I have just received the update 1.5.1. I will see if the issue still persists after the update.

Contributor
Registered since

Feb 6, 2019

it's a known issue that you will have to deal with until they release a new FW.  There is a pinned thread about it.  1.5.1 does not address the issue.

Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

After the firmware upgrade to 1.5.1, total charging went down to 13 hours. I am also not able to reset the device. When I contacted Support earlier they are asking me to replace it with new one as it's still under warranty but as the forum mentions it's a known issue, I wonder if there will be any use to replace.

It's completely worst product with such high premium price.