Thinqer77
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Bose NC 700 not connecting for calls on Android

Hi,

I've been enjoying these headphones for a few weeks now and they generally work very well, however I've recently started having an issue with using the headphones to make calls on my Android phone.

I generally pair the headphones to my laptop and my Android phone at the same time. This has worked well and I've been able to make and take calls using the headphones for audio without any issues. About a week ago, I noticed that my phone wasn't connecting to the headphones when making/taking phone calls - pressing the bluetooth option in-call wouldn't do anything.

When I came off the call I noticed that in Bluetooth settings it said the headphones were only 'Connected for audio' not 'Connected for calls and audio' as it had previously been. Furthermore, when going in to the bluetooth settings for the headphones in Android OS the 'calls' slider could not be set to 'On'. See below for screenshots showing what I mean:

With calls.jpgWithout calls.jpg

Call slider.jpg

Yesterday I unpaired the headset and re-connected to the Android phone and call connectivity came back. However this morning it seems to have gone again. Unpairing and pairing again does fix it but I don't want to have to do this every time I want to use the headphones to make a call!

Other details:

- Headphone firmware updated to latest v 1.2.11.1894.55bc538

- Phone is Samsung Galaxy S10+ running Android 9 with latest updates applied (EE UK)

- Phone successfully connecting to Bose app on phone

Is anybody else having these issues?

Thanks,

Ben

9 REPLIES 9
leejlawson
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

Re: Bose NC 700 not connecting for calls on Android

I'm having that exact same issue wit ! Samsung S10+, as well as the static in the left ear problem. A bad purchase so far!

And solutions to this problem? 

Hello Ben and Lee, 

Thanks for posting in the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble using the NC 700's for calls. I would love to try and resolve this issue for you. I would like to start by trying some troubleshooting to give the headphones a refresh. We can start by: 

1. Go to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.

2. Perform a product reset, to do this:

- Disconnect all cables from the headphones.

- Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.

- Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.

- Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds.

3. Clear the Bluetooth device list on the headset by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button until you hear 'Device list cleared'.

4. Delete the headphones from the Bose Music app. 

If any other users have had these issues, I would love to hear from you. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

sacv22@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 14, 2019

I received my new NC 700 headphones yesterday and I have the same issue. I followed the instructions above and reset the headphones. But, it didn't work. The headphones stream media, but do not connect to calls on my Pixel 3XL. My Bose Soundsport wireless earphones connect for both the calls and media. So, I am certain this isn't an issue with the phone. 

I did not expect to experience an issue as fundamental as this one. This is unacceptable for a pair of headphones that cost $400. Bose needs to fix this ASAP..

Hello sacv22, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to read that you are also experiencing issues and that the steps above have not resolved this for you. 

Can you please also attempt to connect the headphones to another mobile device to attempt the call to see if the same issue persists? I understand that you stated that you followed the steps above and performed the reset but can you please also confirm if you attempted the other steps that are listed?

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps and if the issue still persists please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B  

leejlawson
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

My issue with not connecting for calls resolved isn't somehow. They work for calls now. 

But... 

I am still getting the static in the left ear. I've have literally tried everything suggested twice, at least! It's like it pops and then I hear static in the left ear, it's awful. I need a solution or a refund! 

Hi Leejlawson, 

Thanks for keeping us updated! 

It seems like you have tried all the troubleshooting we would normally recommend. Therefore, I would recommend reaching out to your local technical support team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to assist you with a service. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Doo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Hey there.

Received my bose 700 2 days ago, I updated it to the current latest firmware.

I've tried to make phone calls, it doesn't work at all. I followed the described procedure to trash all my connected devices from headset's memory, hasn't fixed anything and seems rather odd to blame anything else but the headset on this subject. The sound comes from my phone's speaker every time.

I previously owned a QC35 II and it worked fine out of the box. Here, I feel that there is a lack of quality regarding this "minor" feature from a hands free headset.

Doo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Turns out, I had to reboot my phone in order to fix this.

Hello Doo, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you had some issues connecting your phonecalls and your headphones. I am glad that a reboot of your mobile resolved this for you. 

Thanks for sharing the resolution as this will help others to fix this issue. 

Do let us know if you need assistance in the future. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W