Ommis
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Bose NC 700 notifying wrong battery status

When I turn them on the first time after charge, the voice tells me the battery status from the time before I started charging the headset.

It's not a big thing, but it's a bug.

The first time I experienced it, I was stress about because I was going on a longer journey, and needed the headset fully charged. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Bose NC 700 notifying wrong battery status

Hello Ommis, 

Thank you for notifying us of this bug that you are experiencing. Could you please try a few steps to prevent this from happening for me? 

1. Go to http://btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.

2. Perform a product reset, to do this:

- Disconnect all cables from the headphones.

- Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on.

- Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup.

- Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds.

3. Clear the Bluetooth device list on the headset by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button until you hear 'Device list cleared'. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
alexghitulescu
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

This is a bug that has happened since the beginning, and none of that fixes it.

I'm disappointed in Bose. This is my first pair of Bose headphones after having Sony headphones for a few years now. In theory Bose has a better user experience, but in practice it's filled with bugs.

Highlighted
PhilippvK
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

I am having exactly the same issue and it is very annoying....

Highlighted
JD42
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Just found this posting.. Just got a pair for XMAS and mine stated 9 hours of battery after being charged only 4 times. Noise cancelling turned off. Gonna try this fix after work.