Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helkoran
Participant
Registered since

Jan 24, 2021

Bose NC 700 replacement headband end caps

Hello,

I've got a Bose NC 700 that works very well, but one of the end caps on the head band came loose and I've lost it. Rather than returning the headphones which are still under warranty would be an option, but I was wondering if it's possible to get a replacement only for the end cap instead?

I can upload a photo if it's unclear what part I'm referring to.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: Bose NC 700 replacement headband end caps

Author Accepted Answer selected by helkoran

Hi helkoran,

We don't have the end caps for the headphones bands available for purchase separately so you wouldn't be able to get one of these from us. I would recommend that you reach out to your local support team to discuss the service options available to you. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Keith_L
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by helkoran

Hi helkoran,

We don't have the end caps for the headphones bands available for purchase separately so you wouldn't be able to get one of these from us. I would recommend that you reach out to your local support team to discuss the service options available to you. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

helkoran
Participant
Registered since

Jan 24, 2021

After contacting my local support, they've told me I can only get the whole headphones replaced which takes 2-3 weeks. It's too bad that simple small part cannot be shipped independently.

Sunset Chawla
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2021

The same happened to me, seems like a defect in the product @bose. Unfortunately, my headphone is 1.3 years old so customer support cannot even offer me a replacement. We don't expect bad quality from bose. 

At least make the caps available for sale. The problem is without the caps the headband can be pulled out of the socket and I know eventually it will break. 

Unfortunately, it has happened to multiple people for the same headphones.

BSE
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2021

having also just realized the end cap has dropped from my headphones, i'm too astonished that bose rather replaces an entire unit than to supply the cap. heck, i'd even pay for it.

BSE
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2021

also @Keith_L that's not a solution to be frank.

JLarsen
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2021

So, it would seem that Bose would say the only way to fix this issue is to buy a set from Best Buy, transfer the end cap to my current set, and return the purchased set to Best Buy. Best Buy would then send the returned set back to Bose, who would then promptly replace the end cap.