Registered since

Sep 7, 2020

Bose NC 700 says its connected, but its not really

Bose product name NC 700

Country Denmark

Firmware Version: 1.8.2-11524+eOf7590

App Version 4.2.4

Iphone 8 with iOS 14.4

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduc: If I turn Bluetooth off on my Iphone and off they wont reconnect or if they have been out of range. Sometimes they will be connected like shown on the first screenshot, but there is no "headphones" icon in the top right corner until I click on the device "screenshot 2" which then appears shortly after, so I cant listen to music before I manually go into Bluetooth settings and click on Bose NC 700 HP

When did you start to experience the issue? Have been there since purchase

Any troubleshooting steps you took: Have tried unpairing them loads of times

2021-02-18-10.25.05.000.png2021-02-18-10.25.22.000.png

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L

Re: Bose NC 700 says its connected, but its not really

Hi SolidViking,

When your headphones are failing to reconnect to the iPhone, or showing as connected but not playing audio, do you have them connected to any other devices at the same time? When powered on, the headphones will automatically connect to the two most recently connected devices, so they may have connected to other Bluetooth devices, even if you are not actively using the headphones from that device. Try disconnecting any other Bluetooth devices, and see if the same thing happens when you try to connect back to the iPhone.

Also, do you ever have any difficulty connecting to any other Bluetooth devices with the headphones, or does this only ever happen with the iPhone?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
SolidViking
Participant
Registered since

Sep 7, 2020

I have it connected to my IPhone and my laptop, so that should work? Right now its again just "connected" but no headphones icon, so starting music on the phone will use the speakers and not NC 700.

Isn't it supposed to reconnect / autoconnect correctly to my phone AND be able to be connected to 2 devices at the same time?

Hector_B

Thanks for confirming! Yes, this is something that should work. 

Do you experience this issue when only connected to one device? It should reconnect to the two most recent connected devices, if you are using more than two devices, the headset may incorrectly pair if you are switching devices consistently. 

Let's attempt to clear the paring list for the headset by powering on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

Once this is done, please remove the headset from the pairing list on your devices. 

We look forward to hearing back from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!