Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2020

Bose NC 700 sound is unbalanced - higher in the left then the right

I have my Bose NC 700 for a month and a half now and the sound started to unbalance since yesterday... 

The left side is higher than the right one. Tried to reset the headphone but it didn't work. 

Since I am in South America it would be hard to ship it to USA so it can be replaced. Is there any software update or reset that I could do to solve the problem?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Bose NC 700 sound is unbalanced - higher in the left then the right

Hey Lukasfialho, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to read that you have had this experience, let's look into this further for you. 

Firstly, let's ensure that the headset is running the latest software version. To do this please connect the headphones to a PC via the USB charging cable and visit our online updater. Once you are on the website please follow the on-screen instructions. 

I would also recommend testing the headphones with a few other devices to see if the issue persists. 

In regards to sending the headset to the USA, you can also reach out to customer support in your region via this link here

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2020

Hello Hector, 

Just tried to update the software and it is already installed with the newest one. 

For the moment I don't have any other device to test it, but the problem is happening with my Samsung Galaxy S10+ and my Macbook Pro. An alternative is to reset the product so it would be like "new". Is there a way to do that? 

Highlighted

Hey lukasfialho, 

Thank you for posting and updating me on this! Sorry to hear that the issue still persists. 

Are you able to check the device's settings to see if you are able to adjust the audio balance? There isn't a way to perform a factory reset on the headphones unfortunately, only a standard reset which you have already attempted. 

To ensure that you performed this correctly, you can follow the reset steps below: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of this. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 4, 2020

Hi Hector, good afternoon. 

I tried to do this, it didn't work at first but then I tried again and any of the LEDs are blinking now 😞 they are all off even if I try to turn on the headphones. Do you know what should I do to correct it?

Regards,

Lukas

Highlighted

Hi Lukas, 

Thanks for getting back to us. I am very sorry to hear this. 

What I would suggest in this instance is that you reach out to your local support team for further assistance. You can reach out to your local support team via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. An agent here will be more than happy to get this resolved for you. 

If you have any further questions please let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 27, 2020

Hey same thing happened to me and i called bose. They told me to try the headphones on a different device. It seemed to be working on my iphone, but not my macbook pro... So I went into system preferences > sound > output > clicked on my head phones and there it was! The nob was more on the right than the left. I put it in the middle and they are perfect now! Have you tried this? Worked for me. system preferences on my macbook prosystem preferences on my macbook pro

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

omg thank you !!