bhavika95
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

Bose NC 700 underwhelming and flat sound quality

After two weeks of research and tirelessly reading online reviews, I finally purchased a pair of the Bose NC 700s.

They look amazing and pair quite easily for me despite the many negative and elaborate reviews I have read about the app. Shockingly, it’s the sound that I am completely underwhelmed and concerned about. I wasn’t as blown away with the sound as I usually am with Bose products...

All my previous headphones/audio devices are Bose products. My most recent being the SoundTrue Ultras which have unfortunately stopped working now and have sadly been discontinued! My pair had a fantastic run for almost 5 years. The bass was punchy without being too overpowering. Sound was clear, EQ was rarely ever needed and the sound isolation almost felt like noice cancellation at times! It’s a shame I cannot return these for a new pair, in-store, otherwise I would’ve just done that.

Instead, and given the current working from home environment with the pandemic, I thought it wise to invest in a top range pair of over-ear NC headphones. Compared to the QC35ii that my sisters use (which I have tested out many times!), the sound on the 700s seem really bland and almost tinny.

I was prompted with a software update on the day of connecting and registering the headphones but honestly, the sound is still so underwhelming.

I have tried everything; from toggling the NC setting on and off, low and high, charging the device to changing EQ settings on my devices/apps. All this seems to do is make audio sound louder!

I’m convinced it’s either my pair that may have a glitch or that the sound quality overall isn’t as fantastic as it has been made out to be in the reviews.

Looking for advice if anyone has experienced the same issue, if I’m doing something wrong, or if it’s only me?

2 REPLIES 2
paulbaskaran@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 underwhelming and flat sound quality

I too feel the same - the sound quality is not that great!moreover I've bought 2 BOSE NC 700 , silver and black.The black sounds better then the silver - Black connected to Nokia phone and Silver connected to OPPO. Not sure why the sound quality is not the same?Can anyone please advice?Can the Bluetooth quality be different for different devices?

J666
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

Re: Bose NC 700 underwhelming and flat sound quality

I just bought them from Target and was shocked at how bad the sound quality was, the music was very tinny and distant. I compared them to my $60 TaoTronics that I've had for years and the TaoTronics blew these out of the water in terms of warmth, range, bass and clarity. I'm genuinely having trouble understanding how nearly $400 headphones sound (a lot) worse than $60 ones that are literally falling apart after years of use. From looking at reviews, I guess people buy these for the ANC over the actual sound quality? That sounds like a ridiculous compromise to me, how is Bose's 'great' ANC worth $400 if the music itself sounds like it's coming through tin cans? Bose should be ashamed of themselves for these haha, returned them to the store on the same day.