Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2020

Bose NC 700 won't connect to MacBook Pro

I purchased a pair of refurbed 700s directly from Bose one month ago now, and overall have been satisfied. Yesterday, however, they would only connect to my iPhone and not my MacBook Pro. For reference, I'm running Catalina 10.15.6 on a 2015 model. I just disconnected the headphones from both my devices, and now when trying to repair, they will not show up under my list of bluetooth devices, both on my Mac and iPhone. How do I fix this?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose NC 700 won't connect to MacBook Pro

Hi allyg99,

Thanks for joining us in the Community, welcome!

When you are trying to reconnect your headphones to your Mac and iPhone, do you have the headphones in pairing mode? If you have removed them from your devices rather than simply disconnecting you will need to put the headphones into pairing mode to allow your devices to find them again. To put the headphones in pairing mode, turn them on then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button until the Bluetooth light is flashing blue, or your hear a voice prompt state "Ready to connect another device".

If your headphones are still not being discovered when in pairing mode, you'll want to clear the Bluetooth pairing list on the headphones next. To do this power on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

Let me know how you get on with this!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!