Bertram
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Bose NC Headphone 700 - won't update over USB to latest firmware

Since the Bose Music App couldn't update my Bose NC 700 Headphones I followed the instructions to do it manually with the USB cable.

It has said "Just a Moment" for an hour now. How long should this take?

Also, the bose music app + the Bose NC 700 experince is terrible. I can't get them to connect dispite following all of the soltiuons posted on these boards. So I decided to try to update the firmware. And now that isn't working.

Any help would be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Bose NC Headphone 700 - won't update over USB to latest firmware

Hi Bertram,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble updating your Noise Cancelling 700 headphones. This is quite unusual and I would love to help. In the first instance, could you please tell me which browser you have been using? Have you tried another browser (Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft edge for instance)?

Additionally, I would be interested in knowing a little more about your computer set-up, such as the operating system and version.

Also, please check that the program downloaded by the Bose Updater (BTU) site is fully installed and running on your computer. This file should automatically download when you first visit the BTU site and you can see where it downloads by checking your browser's download history. Once located, you can click 'run' or 'install'.

Please do let the Community know if the above trouble shooting steps were successful as I'm sure other users might find this useful.

I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Anne -  Community Support

Bertram
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

I am on Mac OSX Mojave 10.4, using Chrome. Haven't tried another web browser. I can try that.

The Bose Updater is up and running.

Community Manager

Hi Bertram,

Thank you for getting back to us with that information.

So we can eliminate the browser as a potential cause, it would be great if you could try with another browser (preferably, edge or Firefox). Please let us know how it goes.

I would also be curious to know if any other user on the Community is having a similar issue? 

Many thanks,

Anne

Community Manager

Hi again Bertram,

To help us better understand what is happening here, could you please also tell us which steps you followed to get to the screen where you saw 'just a moment'? The normal process would be to go the site, running the install file from the download section in chrome and then attaching the headset when prompted. Are you connecting your headset directly to the computer or do you have a USB hub? Also, have you tried with a different USB cable?

Additionally, it would be helpful for us to know whether you logged in using Facebook, or if you created a new Bose account or if you used an existing Bose account? Finally, did you try connecting to the app prior to visiting BTU and were you able to connect to the app?

I look forward to you answer.

All the best,

Anne