Highlighted
Ben_amit
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Bose NC Headphones 700 Cycle bluetooth connections/devices

After upgrading from QC 35, I noticed a crucial capability that is missing - cycling bluetooth devices manually from the device.

On QC 35 I could flick the power button and the headphones would cycle to the next bluetooth device on it's list - allowing me to change connection to other devices.

Now, this is crucial - because if I disconnect from my mobile phone (eg. connect to TV and PC) I now can no longer use the Bose Music app to switch to anything else!

Am I missing something obvious? because this seems like a huge oversight, especially on a device that is designed to manage a list of bluetooth connections.

Thanks, 

Ben.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 Cycle bluetooth connections/devices

Hi Ben_amit,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.  

I appreciate the feedback and will pass this to the relevant team as a feature request. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Ben_amit
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Thank you.

So what am I supposed to do if I get connected to 2 devices, non of which are my phone? reset?

I think it should be the top priority.

Thank you.

miho
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Having the same problem. Please let us know how to fix it.

miho
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

I just tried to connect my NC700 to the app. Apparently, it still has the same problems like the Connect app I used for my QC35. In many cases the app doesn't recognize the headphones even if they are connected to my phone. This makes it extremely difficult to switch devices. The problems seem to exist on both, Android and iOS.

Please let us know how to switch devices without the app. Thanks!

Hi All, 

Thank you for your posts and your feedback! 

Currently, there is no way to switch between devices on the headset itself. However, as @Hector_B has mentioned, We have marked this thread as a feature request so that our development team can view it. 

@miho, I'm sorry to hear of your connection issues. There was a thread released by the Community Manager earlier today regarding this that you may find useful. I have included the LINK HERE

If you have any questions let me know!

Kindest, 

Jessie O

miho
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 15, 2019

Hi Jessie,

thanks for the honest response. I hope you are aware that many of us feel that we got a usability downgrade. The NC 700's microphones and ANC are excellent. But the interface is subpar compared to the QC35II. Managing multiple devices with the NC 700 is now just as complicated as it was 5 years ago. 

Thanks for the link. Sorry, but I am not a beta tester. I just spent 400€ for a pair of headphones that are just as complicated to use as all the cheap alternatives. Bose wasn't able to release a reliable app for the past years. I am a professional developer myself and I know how hard it can be to release high quality apps. I think the best solution to this is to make the functions that are used often as independent as possible from the app. Using the app to install updates is okay since we don't have to do that multiple times a day. 

Please take this issue seriously! And keep us in the loop. I love my QC35. Can't say that for my new NC 700 😞

Regards,

Michael

svb12
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 30, 2019

Hey Ben_amit,

While there is no quick cycle option, I did manage to pair with a previously connected device using the headphones.

Long pressing the power/bluetooth button prompts the headset to connect to a (new/previously connected) device. At this point, you can connect your device from bluetooth settings or from Bose app.

This process will boot off one of the two actively connected devices (I think its the second one that goes) and connects to the new device.

cheers,

Ben_amit
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Thank you - I will try that!

Still hoping Bose will come back with a real cycling solution.

jonntran
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 7, 2019

I have to agree here, the cycling of devices or lack thereof is absolutely horrid.  Please come up with a solution as my device is connected to a wide range of devices, I.E. iOS devices, and Windows devices. 

Thank you,