Contributor
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to RECONNECT to bose music app after successful setup

I can connect to the app perfectly fine during setup. I don't have an issue with that. The issue I have is when I go to the main menu of the app to connect the device or kill the app from memory and open it up again, I can't reconnect the headphones. I tap the "Connect" button for the 700s and it never connects again. I have never seen it connect after the setup. It says "Connection failed. Please try again." The only way I can reconnect is by deleting the device from the "Manage Products" section of the settings, and go through the setup process again. I don't see this as a viable option as this takes way too much time and there should be no reason to constantly delete and re-add the device to see the settings of it.

I have tried the delete the device from all bluetooth settings and clearing the 700's bluetooth list. I can pair via setup perfectly fine, as stated above. It's always re-connecting from the app that doesn't work.

I'm just going off a blind guess, but I think it has to do with the time it takes to find the device. I think the app's timeout for re-connecting to a device (from the main menu after setup has been done) is too soon. It should give it more time to actually try to find and connect to the device. And BECAUSE it takes so **bleep** long to find the device during setup, I'm assuming it probably needs to take just as long to find it and reconnect it.

These are my specs:

- iphone xs max

- ios 12.3.1

- 700 firmware: 1.1.4

28 REPLIES 28
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to RECONNECT to bose music app after successful setup

I have the same issue.

Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to RECONNECT to bose music app after successful setup

I have same issue. Bose need to quickly send the app updates to eliminate the bug. THis is very annoying and ridiculous.

Hello @darkfenix, @BobbyC and @rajesh2658

Thanks for posting in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with reconnecting to the Bose Music app. With regards to troubleshooting, have you tried uninstalling the app from your iPhone XS Max, tried reinstalling it, also tried restarting the phone, and tried resetting network settings? 

@BobbyC, and @rajesh2658, can you please confirm which firmware version your headphones are on and what smartphones are being used? Are you both using iPhones? 

If anyone else in the community is having similar issues, please feel free to contribute to this thread. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

@Jeff_G wrote:

Hello @darkfenix, @BobbyC and @rajesh2658

Thanks for posting in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with reconnecting to the Bose Music app. With regards to troubleshooting, have you tried uninstalling the app from your iPhone XS Max, tried reinstalling it, also tried restarting the phone, and tried resetting network settings? 

Yes I have tried uninstalling multiple times, restarted my phone, and reset my network settings more than once.

Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

I am having the same issue and yes I have gone through the troubleshooting steps you have outlined above. Please advise.

I am also having my headset disconnect from my PC while connected to a skype call on the 20 minute time out but I don't know why the headphones are seeing themselves as inactive when I'm in the middle of a call.

Participant
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

I am using Iphone XS ios 12.3.1.

I am on the latest firmware 1.1.4-1144+be3bf4b. I setup the head phone last night and this morining app asked me to log in again and now it says its not available. I tried several times all the above mentioned troubleshooting but issue is keep coming back. Not sure why app will sign you out automatically. 

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello everyone,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the app. I know you have already tried deleting the app before, however, I would like you to connect with the headphones via Bluetooth through your phone's settings then delete the app. Then re-download the app and try reconnecting again in the app whilst still being connected via Bluetooth manually. 

Please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Contributor
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

@Zoe_C wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the app. I know you have already tried deleting the app before, however, I would like you to connect with the headphones via Bluetooth through your phone's settings then delete the app. Then re-download the app and try reconnecting again in the app whilst still being connected via Bluetooth manually. 

Please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Nope, it still doesn't connect.

Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

I had same problem took it to my local store. They felt it was the LE module connecting in Bluetooth so the disconnected that/ forget device and I was able to connect the 700