kobe00jj
Participant
Registered since

Aug 14, 2019

Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to Turn On

Hello I bought a pair of Bose Nc Headphones 700 yesturday and today after a day of no issues, the headphones were not able to charge or use bluetooth. Before this charging the headphones worked along with the bluetooth. While charging, the small light next to the usb-c port was on, but now it doesn't work. I am afraid that my headphones are no longer able to charge and along with that the bluetooth won't work. The lights at the bottom of my headphones are dead. Weirdly enough pluging my headphones using the included 3.5 audio jack does work. Please help with my situation.

20 REPLIES 20
Jessie_O

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to Turn On

Hi Kobe00JJ, 

thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your NC700 headphones. I'll do all I can to assist you! 

Do you have a different charger you could try with the headphones?

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
kobe00jj
Participant
Registered since

Aug 14, 2019

Hello thank you for the reply Heart I have tried 4 different chargers all that use usb-c and it still doesn't work

kobe00jj
Participant
Registered since

Aug 14, 2019

Also I tried charging it with a wall plug connector and a charger that's connected to my computer

Jeff_G

Hi kobe00jj, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch.

I am very sorry to hear you are still having issues after attempting the suggestions by Jessie. 

The only other thing I can suggest (if you haven't already) is to try an alternative USB-C cable as this appears to be the constant in your troubleshooting. If you still experience issues after this, I would take the headphones back to the point of sale if they are within the return period to seek refund/exchange, or get in touch with support if outside of this period. Details for local support can be found here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
DavidY
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

I have the same problem. The headphone is total dead. I can't charge or turn on.

I try to use other chargers or type-c cable, it is still no response.  

What happened to the quality of NC 700? I bought it on 10/2 and just use few times.

Sad....

HarryMcBoxFace
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Mine have just died too, what total rubbish, can't reset, can't do anything.  They wont power on or charge.

HarryMcBoxFace
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

In case it helps anyone the "fix" I worked out came down to ordering of startup I found here:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/How-To-Factory-Reset-700-NC-Headphone/td-p/22...

"One workaround is to keep the power button pushed and then connect the usb c cable."

Note the order, you need to put the cable in after holding the reset button

DavidY
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

It works!

Thank you for helping.

Aredd70
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

Thanks HarryMcBoxFace. Faced this issue today and your fix worked like a charm!