Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiamiBr
Participant
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to Turn On

Pedro Almeida
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Thanks for this answer @HarryMcBoxFace, my headphones were dead, tried multiple button mashing combos and nothing work until I found this! 

Holding down the Power/Bluetooth button AND THEN plugging a USB-C cable in the headphones unbricked them!

Nicomatico
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2020

@HarryMcBoxFace amazing! This solved it! They were completely dead and nothing support would say helped. Bose should update the reset process taking this into account. I see way too many people reporting dead devices after reset attempts. 

BFAN1995
Participant
Registered since

Feb 7, 2020

This fixed my ‘dead’ NC700 after I was charging them on my PC via a USB-C at both ends. Genuine Apple cable and a high end main board on the new PC.   Was freaking out.  Thanks!

david.pate
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 20, 2020

This has happened to me twice within 6 months.  I'm sending back my second pair for replacement today.  Is there a manufacturing / design fault with these headphones?  Why are there so many failures?

The power button / plug in USB cable combo did not fix this for either of my 2 pairs of headphones.  I'm worried that this issue will happen again to my third pair and they will be out of warranty.

Weberl8
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2020

Hours previously when I tried turning on my headphones and abruptly hit my power button rather hard, my headphones indicator light flashed blue and then immediately turned off and were unresponsive. I tried unplugging my headphones, and then plugging them back in and doing a hard reset like recommended above multiple times over the course of hours to no avail (I did this on my computer where they were initially charging, and at multiple wall sockets). Then, I plugged in my headphones with the Macro USB cord which came with the Bose 700 headphones in package, and turned off my computer. When I then proceeded to turn my computer back on the headphones immediately turned on with a 75% charge and the problem was fixed for me. I was convinced they were broken, and though I got a deal on them 6 months ago they initially cost $279.95 so obviously I was upset. I hope this helps everyone!

-Landon

MCQ UK
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2021

Jan 22nd 2021.  Today my 700’s completely died.  Absolutely shocking quality control.  
I shall be retuning to Bose, though I suspect I’m just out of warranty.   Typical.
no problem with  Gen 1 QC35’s.  

MCQ UK
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2021

mine too.  No lights. No charging.  Completely unacceptable.  

nb2020
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Thanks this 100% worked.

Jamaila
Participant
Registered since

Feb 19, 2021

Hello. When I had such problem I used another charger and it worked good. Even now it still works! By the way if you like to listen to the music at the office, in bed or for example on public transportation, I recommend to check this list of headphones without sound leakage, great models!