nunosanches
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

Tried this time and time again and cannot get my phones to reset. The bluetooth light does not blink regardless how long I wait. Help! I'm getting pretty frustrated with this 😞

Highlighted
rcpost
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

OK, I've tried every single "solution" and this is what finally happens. My iPad recognizes the NCH700 and the NCH700 connects with my iPad - the headphones telling me so - and I see them in the Bluetooth device list. However, Bose Music will not connect - even though it is also seen in the Bose Music device list. At this point, I can enjoy music and other audio input but I have no idea if I'll be able to use any of the new features as they can't be configured since Bose Music won't add them.

I might add, this is the second issue that I've experienced with them, the first being difficulty in adding to Windows 10 PC, since it doesn't have Bose Music. This is when the problem with the iPad started. the MCH700 with Bose Music worked just fine "out of box." But following a seccessful connect to my Windows 10 PC, it stopped.

While they are the best wireless headsets I've used, I've never been so frustrated with the quirky setup. I will continue to work on this for the next 20 or so days but there is a limit to my patience.

cleehkg
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 9, 2018

I also have the same problem with connecting to the Bose Music app although there is no problem connecting with the device's bluetooth and playing music and answering phone.

I tried the link downloaded the bose updater software and clicked  "launch updater webpage" got a message that the product upgrade cannot be done via Safari (OMG Safari not supported) and has to be done using Chrome, Firefox or Edge. I proceeded to use Chrome and enter the btu.bose.com website, but the screen hanged at the bose logo flashing and does not proceed any further. I am afraid your solution is not working. I have tried several times uninstalling the bose music app, deleted the bluetooth connection, rebooting the headphone as per instruction in the manual all to no avail. Please come out with a solution soon.

Harrumph
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

This is without a doubt the most frustrasting unboxing of a premium product I have ever experienced.  I read this growing thread with disbelief when I couldn't get a basic app connection to the manufacturers app working.

• I can pair the headphones to the iphone X using standard bluetooth pairing
  • I cant pair the headphones in the app no matter how many times I remove the app, the headphones, the pairing in settings.  Nothing.  I cant get past a blank "Add Accessory" pop- up window.
  • I cant update via the macOS link supplied earlier in this thread because the craptastic Bose Updater utility - which offers ZERO useful observable data points and apparently no readable log files - connects to the Bose btu loader page - which again cant even offer a basic progress bar to give us viusal feedback  - asks me to be patient for "...a minute" fully 15 mins of patience later.
    • Update:  After 45 mins of brute forcing the update link through the Bose Updater app, I was able to finally spawn a log-in page and download the firmware upate to the headphones.
  • The "reset the headphones by holding the bluetooth button while plugging to a powerpoint" does not behave as described earlier in the thread.

A firmware upate on the very day the new product ships that seems to be relevant to getting the basic functionality of the app to work? Are you serious? Are your hardware guys even speaking with the app guys or are the outsource desks so far apart you just expect the customer to help you bridge the gap? 

It isnt often I regret a purchase before I even get a chance to fully use it but congratulations Bose, you've succeeded beyond measure in that department. 

To anyone stumbling here while considering a purchase of the NC 700s, I strongly advise against as it is clear this product and its support are not ready for primetime yet.  Im sure Bose will succeed magnificently - eventually; after the paying customers beta testers run the guantlet for them.

Update 3:

The headphones pair to the app successfully in devices OTHER than my phone including my iPad.  Attempting to add to the app on my phone shows the headphones but does not populate the Bluetooth pairing pop up window.  It shows a blank list in the "Select An Accessory" window so pairing cant proceed.  This is an APP ISSUE not a firmware build issue.

IMG_2550.jpegNo selectable items populated in bluetooth pairing window on iPhone.

CyrilMtl
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

Hi Harrumph,

I'm experiencing the same issues on my new NCH700 with my iPhone 6S. I updated my headphones to the last firmware, did a lot of things (remove/reinstall the bose music app, reset network parameters, etc.), It took me several hours trying to solve the pairing with no success. The problem with Bose Music App remains.

I also have the same problem with the factory reset, the procedure described doesn't work (I tried with a computer, also with a power charger). This is very unfortunate for a brand new released product to be unable of doing something written in its support manual.

I agree with you on experiencing "the most frustrating unboxing of a premium product". I have been waiting for them for weeks.

I hope Bose customer service/app dev team will take this issue seriously. In the meantime, I do not recommend anyone to buy Bose NC700 headphones. They are not ready yet.

C.

-- UPDATE --

I have been able to pair my headphones to the app. On your iPhone, go to Setting > Display and Brightness > Auto-Lock > "Never"

After waiting for two long minutes, I got the pairing enabled! It seems the iPhone by auto-locking is not giving enough time to make the pairing happen.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

C.

dgrace
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

The solution works - thanks. for sharing.

Just got the headphones, the performance and NC are fabulous, but getting multiple connections working is fiddly and a disappointing that it isn't more intuitive.

PatrickSu
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

This solution only seems to be a "one-time" fix. It does not truly resolve the problem. I hope Bose is doing something to fix this bug given the high price tag of their newest headphones.

Pot
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

For iPhone, the steps I took to resolve the issue:

1. Update headphones https://btu.bose.com/

2. Delete app from iPhone

3. Navigate to Settings > Bluetooth, then forget headphones.

4. Download Bose Music app again, sign in, connect to headphones.

nunosanches
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

I've tried all the different solutions posted including updating the phones, deleting the app in all devices, unpairing and pairing again with all devices, and NOTHING resolves it definitely. Sometimes the phones work, sometimes they don't.

List of issues that I have already had with the phones in 5 days:

• Disconnects several times from the computer when doing a conference and it is connected also to my iPhone XS (note: the iPhone is not being touched during that time / nothing is happening on the phone when this problem happens)
  • Connection to the Bose Music App doesn't work multiple times — sometimes it disconnects on the Bluetooth settings and when I then manually connect it back sometimes it works.
  • The app logs out for no apparent reason. When I log in again then I have difficulty proceeding with the connection (even requires to repair bluetooth)
  • Sometimes while on a call it keeps saying "call has ended" while I’m still on the call

I really wanted these headphones but they absolutely SUCK!! I'm so so disappointed. Can't continue just running trials for Bose on this. If Bose doesn't come up with a solution soon I have no other option but to return the phones 😞

Harrumph
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 5, 2019

>I have been able to pair my headphones to the app. On your iPhone, go to Setting > Display and Brightness > Auto-Lock > "Never"

>After waiting for two long minutes, I got the pairing enabled! It seems the iPhone by auto-locking is not giving enough time to make the pairing happen.

That worked.  My auto-lock was set to 5 minutes so timing out wasnt the issue, but toggling off autolock completely populated the Select An Accessory window almost immediately and the pairing was successful from there.  A weird conflict in the App to be sure.

Thanks for the workaround, C.  Good call!