Highlighted

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

Hi Rmanard1, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Are you able to provide images of this? 

Thanks, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Thank you!  This worked for me on Android (Pixel 3XL).  I could not get the app to find the headphones and had tried everything that was mentioned.  This worked.  Go to Settings>Apps and Notifications>Bose Music>Permissions>Location and turn it on.  I had also given permission when installing the app but it was not on.  Giving the app location permission immediately let me connect through the app and everything is working fine.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

I've managed to connect through the music app at first.
After, it was impossible to connect to it. Then, I've managed to update the Firmware via PC, as suggested.
I've tried to unpair, forget devices, clear blueetooth list, delete and reinstall the app and nothing worked.
The app is just not working yet.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

Hi please make sure when you use the forget device option in setting —>Bluetooth please do the both devices like one is starting with LE .. please try because that works for me.. thanks 

Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 15, 2019

I find it pretty strange that in order to connect to the app, you must be connected to wifi? Why isn't bluetooth sufficient?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

Honestly at this price point this should not happen. You shipped - obviously - a product that was not ready for public consumption and are now basically doing public betas of everyone who pre-ordered. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

I have the same issue where I can pair the first time, but when I try to use the Music app again, I have to unpair and repair to get the Music app to recognize the device again.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

@davidbk wrote:

Honestly at this price point this should not happen. You shipped - obviously - a product that was not ready for public consumption and are now basically doing public betas of everyone who pre-ordered. 

The real questions are why is Bose still selling these obviously premature products, and why are the mods on this thread getting inforation from us and not doing an actual beta test.  I foolishly believed Bose when I called and they said they didn't know of any issue, so I just assumed it was an issue with the first pair I got.  But no, same problem with the second pair.  

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

@davidbk that's pretty upsetting. I just sent my pair back for them to replace it and honestly I feel that the same will happen again. Once that happens I think I'll just ask for my money back... It's pretty ridiculous for the customer support folks on the phone acting like nothing abnormal is happening. 

If the product is faulty just admit it right away and make it right for those who are acting as beta-testers.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

@Nouman wrote:

Hi please make sure when you use the forget device option in setting —>Bluetooth please do the both devices like one is starting with LE .. please try because that works for me.. thanks 

Hi, although I don’t know why these two devices appear, instead of one, I’ve unpaired both when I tried.