Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Bose music ios app forgots my phones and refuses to connect again

It's happened twice already.

For no reason application just forgots the headphones (HP700) and unable to connect again, regardelss of any number connection attempts.

The only way to fix this is to completely uninstall Bose Music App and clear saved bluetooth devices from phone and install everything from scratch.

Are you kidding me? 

Did I bought 400 bucks headphones to face this kind of issues?

Participant
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

Try this link here. I struggled for an hour with it and this link had clear instructions that worked.

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

Hector B:

Please stop telling us that these steps will solve the issue. They don’t. We go through the pairing process time and time again and the next time we open the app, the app doesn’t connect to the headphones. This has gone on for a month and all we get from Bose is a bunch of platitudes and excuses. You need to fix this YESTERDAY because today, we’re returning the headphones. Quite simply, your product doesn’t due what it’s advertised to do. In this country, that is called FRAUD,

Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Page 12. Marked solved. Not solved.

Participant
Registered since

Aug 5, 2019

Same here - piss poor.

Hi @brynte and @Bklapholz

Thank you both for posting and updating me on this. 

As we have attempted many troubleshooting steps and we are still encountering this issue then.  I would highly recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service Team via clicking this link. Then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I completely understand your frustrations regarding this and can only apologize for not being able to resolve this for you via the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

Hector_B:

Last Monday, July 29, 2019 at 2:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, I called your technical support team at 1(800) 379-2073 to report the issues and inquire as to the steps Bose is taking to resolve them. In the 47 minutes I was on the phone, I spoke to four representatives from Bose, meaning I was transferred three times.

All four representatives claimed they had never even heard of the issue. One person who I spoke to (who I believe stated he was in your app development section) actually was more concerned that someone from Bose Customer Service area had transferred the call to him and he had to speak to a customer (THE HORRORS).

I will state this again so it is clear. Bose has sold a universally defective product that does not perform as advertised. It is incumbent on Bose to publicly state that they are aware of this problem, how they are going to address it and how they are going to resolve their customers’ dissatisfaction. Anything less will only serve to illustrate that Bose has crossed the line from ignoring their customers to treating them with contempt. Bose needs to resolve these issues NOW.

Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Yesterday I experienced the same issue with the app and my 700s as I described in my last post on here. I opened the app and was logged out of it. I logged in, but it wouldn't reconnect to my 700s. The 700s were paired to the phone and playing audio, but I had to put them into pairing mode again for the app to connect to them.

Anybody at Bose have any insight on this? Why does the app keep logging me out? Why do I need to put the 700s back into pairing mode for the app to reconnect?

I'm on an iPhone XS running the latest iOS 12.4, and the current versions of the app and the 700 firmware.

Hello all, 

I'm truly sorry that you have been experiencing this issue with the Bose Music app. 

Today, an updated version of the Bose Music app (2.2.3) has been released. Things have been tightened up and made more stable and reliable. The design has also been improved to deliver a better user experience.

If you are still experiencing issues after updating, get in touch and we will be happy to help further. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

Charlotte:

I see some improvement in the headphones staying connected to the app but before I say all is ok, I want to see how it does over a few days. This has been a long and disappointing process and I expected much better from Bose.

I still have a few questions and observations about the app:

1. Why does it ask for information about our SiriusXM, Pandora, iHeart Radio, etc. accounts when there appears to be no way to directly access those accounts from the app (which we can do with the SoundTouch app, for example). This comes across as spyware if we can’t access those services from the app.

2. Why do the headphones populate our Bluetooth device list with two devices: Bose NC 700 Headphones and LE - Bose NC 700 Headphones. The latter states it is Not Connected to my iPhone X. What is the purpose of this???

3. The song information in the app (title and artist) flash rapidly when I switch to the app. If this is a bug, it should be fixed. If it isn’t, it should still be corrected; it looks shoddy and unprofessional.

I really hope Bose gets its act together here. Your customers have deserved much better than the events of this past month.