willdude
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

Signs of improvement for me as well. Now when I log out and log back in to the app, it reconnects to the 700s fine. We'll see if it stays stable.

Any word on whether the app is supposed to auto-log-out after a while? It's particularly annoying if you're somewhere wanting to use the app and don't have an internet connection, because then you can't use it at all.

Charlotte_G

Hi Super Snarfer, 

I'm glad to hear that there is a noticeable improvement with the Bose Music app. I completely understand that you may want to monitor this over time. 

These are some great questions and I will answer as clearly as possible. 

1. The Bose Music app is also used for our Smart Home range including the Home Speaker 300/500 and Soundbar 500/700. Therefore, this is the reason that these services are listed. The Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 do not connect via Wi-Fi and therefore this is the reason that the features are unavailable. 

2. So you will have 2 Bluetooth profiles. The traditional being the audio profile. The LE-profile is for Bluetooth Low Energy and enables the headphones to communicate with your device using very minimal energy. Once you have paired using the traditional method, generally, you will be prompted to connect to the LE profile. As a secure connection has already been established, the LE profile will then be used where possible. This will help to reduce battery consumption and create an easier pairing process. With speakers, once a paired device is switched on, this will turn on the speaker as the Low Energy connection is always running.

3. I will pass this information on to the development team 

I hope I have provided clear enough information but If you do have any questions, do not hesitate to reach back to me!

@willdude It's also great that you are experiencing a smooth connection process. How often is your app logging out? 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Super Snarfer
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 4, 2019

Charlotte:

Thank you for your response. I have to tell you that the headphones have not prompted me to use the LE profile.

I just tried to see if it would connect while I left the traditional profile connected. My iPhone noted both profiles connected, but the headphones continued to play using the traditional profile. When I disconnected the traditional profile, the LE profile still showed as connected but the headphones stopped playing. I had to manually reconnect the traditional profile which indeed got the headphones playing again.

At this point, the LE profile seems to be doing nothing (although it’s not hurting anything either). It’s just adding one more entry to the Bluetooth device list, which is long enough as it is.

I will keep my fingers crossed on the app connection issue.

MikeH58
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

@Charlotte_G wrote:

Hello all, 

I'm truly sorry that you have been experiencing this issue with the Bose Music app. 

Today, an updated version of the Bose Music app (2.2.3) has been released. Things have been tightened up and made more stable and reliable. The design has also been improved to deliver a better user experience.

If you are still experiencing issues after updating, get in touch and we will be happy to help further. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Hi

I purchased a pair of NC 700’s yesterday and did wonder If I had made a mistake when I had problems connecting to my iPhone X and iPad Pro. What isn’t explained is that the Bose music app pairs with 2 separate items. Firstly it will pair with the NC 700’s and then a few seconds afterwards it will find LE-NC 700 and you need to pair with this also. The problem seems to be if you have already missed this 2nd pairing on the initial install then the headphones wont connect.

What I did was went into the Bose music app on both devices and deleted the connection to my NC 700’s.
I then went into the Bluetooth settings on my devices and told it to forget both the NC 700 and LE-NC 700 connections.

I then started the connection process again via the music app the NC 700 will come up firstly so pair with that then wait for LE-NC 700 and then pair with this.

Hopefully all should work then.

All the best

Mike

Redbird457
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

Folks, Bose should be really embarrassed that such a basic problem exists with an app essential to a very expensive, well designed product. Connecting an IOS app reliably via BT is not rocket science these days. One should not have to jump through reset, unpair, long presses, etc to accomplish. Very frustrating. 

MikeH58
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

I think the main issue is that the lack of instructions definitely don’t help and even the pdf manual doesn’t mention the LE connection. If this was straight forward from the initial setup then there would not be any need for all the messing about deleting paired devices and reinstalling.

xash
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2017

This app is so buggy, and continues to be on 2.2.3. How is this even marked "Solved"?

It's so frustrating to connect the Bose 700 headphones to my phone, and then additional devices. My QC35s just worked; these are *amazing* headphones, but the app is absolute garbage.

Every few days I have to reset and start over, and then try the same thing multiple times for over 45 mins just to get that one sequence where it finally connects. And then repeat ever few days. This has been going on since I got the headphones.

It's completely ridiculous, Bose. What are you doing, seriously? How do you expect me to recommend these to my non-tech-savvy family and friends?

M_K
Participant
Registered since

Jul 31, 2019

Still not working for me.

Redbird457
Participant
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

Well said Yash. Not solved! 

How about starting over with the app Bose?

How about putting some design engineers on the problem instead of asking the poor sustaining guys to try to fix the existing app?

jjm004
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Is it just me or is the Bose music app ‘acting’ as a Bluetooth device by itself?  When I have two devices paired, one of them being my phone with the app installed I cannot connect to the app. I have to disconnect one of the two devices before the app will establish a connection to my headphones. I wouldn’t think it should work this way. The app should be using the phone’s Bluetooth connection which is already established.