Robert CharlesT
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2019

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

I had issues with connecting to the 700s, and while sitting, and staring at my login, I figured it out. I created the account. But, forgot to submit it to Bose.  After doing this, I’ve been able to connect to all my devices, i, e, IPad, IPhone XR. Give it a try. 

meastman
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2019

I can finally reconnect to my iPhone, but can't run the Bose Music App.  I log out, back in and can't get to anything other than "Connect Product" and "Account Settings".  If I select "Connect Product" (keep in mind, the headphones are already connected), it searches for a while and gives me an "Add Product" screen with a "Product Help" button.  I go back, and end up at "Connect Product" page.  How do I get back to the settings like ANC level, etc?

meastman
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2019

Clarification... I connect using Settings on my iPhone.  Can't connect via the Bose Music App.

Jeff_G

Hello meastman, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues connecting your headphones to the Bose Music app. 

Can you please confirm:

- Which iOS version is running on your iPhone? (You can check this by going to Settings > General > About) - If you are not running the latest firmware, please update to the latest version 

- If you have updated the headphones to the latest firmware? (You can do this by visiting this link on a computer and following the instructions.)

Finally, if you haven't already done so, please clear the device list on the headphones, and remove the headphones from the Bluetooth device list on the phone and set up via the Bose Music app, rather than on the Bluetooth settings page on your phone's settings menu.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
meastman
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2019

Typed in a long response and hot post.  The forum lost it!  I'm really getting frustrated with Bose software and fiormwar.

1. ios = 12.4
  2. I tried the link for updating the firmware.  Don't they test anything?
    1. I'm running iMac with MacOS 10.14.6 and Chrome version 75.0.3770.142
    2. The link launches Chrom eand takes me to a black page with Bose in the middle.  That's it.
    3. I copied the URL and tried it in Safari
    4. It worked (everntually) and downloaded the app,  The app went back to the same page as your link
    5. I got a message saying it wouldn't work with Safari.  I needd to use Chrome, Firefox or IE
      1. Why doe the page tell me to use a browser (Chrome) that doesn't work!?
    6. I installed Firefox.  Tried the URL and it updated my headphones
    7. The Bose Music App is still messed up
      1. Te headphones connect immediatly to my iPhone as soon as I power them up. Calls and music work.
        1. When I run the app, it shows a page that says
          1. Add Product
          2. Bose NC 700 HP
          3. Picture of the heaedphones
          4. Button that says Add Product
    8. Nothing is clickable except the Add Product button which sends you to a screen that tells you how to turn on bluetooth, and the back button that sends you to My Bose with a Connect Product link

It looks lie the app sees my headphones, but I can't get to the normal part of the app to change settings etc.

BTW - I tried connecting the headphones to my iMac.  They don't show up in the list of bluetooth devices, so I connected them with the cable.  Completely unusable. Barely enough volume to be able to identify the song.

Vicky_W

Hi Measetman, 

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I am so sorry that you are still having issues. Can I please ask which region you are currently in? 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
meastman
Participant
Registered since

Aug 11, 2019

I'm in Denver, Colorado

Calle
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Hi,

I have more or less the same issue. I had my headphones connected to the app and everything was working. Then I tried to change from Siri to Google Assistant, but the sync process with Google Assistant refused to work. So I stupidly decided to re-pair the headphones, removed all bluetooth devices from the NC700, forgot the device in my bluetoothlist on my Iphone and removed them from the app. 

Now the app sees my headphones, I get to press the bluetooth button, but when I have to choose device to pair it thinks fore a while and the gives me an error. Ive had no sucess syncing with Google Assistant, resulting in no working voice controll (cant get Siri back without the app).

I dont konw what to do now. Ive tried re-pairing 30 times, clearing the headphones, rebooting my iPhone, turning bluetooth on and of in specific times. Charging and trying to sync directly after. Keeping the headphones on for a few hours befor doing the entire procedure. Nothing seems to work.

MikeH58
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Try telling your devices Bluetooth settings to forget the NC headphones and there will be to separate devices shown. If you then try and re-pair your device won’t be conflicted with the existing connection settings. It worked for me.

Calle
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Hi, 

Thanks for input, but I did that each time. However, I finaly solved it. By conneting to my iPad and removing the "synced" headset from devices. I could not see this device in my iPhone, that list was blank. I guess there is a bug making the headphones not show up in the iPhone app since they are in some kind of limbo/half way-sync. Anyway, now I even got Google Assistant to work.