Frustrated700User
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 14, 2019

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

I have tried EVERYTHING 

have latest app version, firmware redid install and connect a 100 times. How could BOSE have released such a a buggy app? If I can it figure this out soon it’s going back. Unbelievable. 

MikeH58
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Have you checked the posts regarding removing the NC700 from your device(s) Bluetooth settings before trying to re-connect with the app?

Spasl
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

Unable to activate Bose 700 headphones

Hi

Just bought Bose 700 headphones. While the music app appears to identify the headphones and connect- it wont do the initial activation...

how do I fix this? Thanks for any help

bursie
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

Have done all the removal steps, and once re-connected, it fails when "activating" the product - it still plays music through the iPhone music app, but I can't connect to Bose Music, which is really disappointing, especially considering everyone else has the same issue and no resolution.

Hi Bursie, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue and appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have attempted so far! 

Can you please attempt to delete and reinstall the application as well as ensuring that you don't have any kind of Wi-Fi assist enabled inside your device's settings? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this! 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Poppers
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 7, 2018

I too had trouble with the Bose Music App on my IPad Pro trying to connect the 700 headphones. I was hesitant to deleting the app because I have a Soundbar 700 with bass 700 and satelitte speakers already working fine with the app. My headphones would connect with my Samsung Galaxy S5 and my iPad Pro just fine. The only problem was with the Bose Music App. All software and firmware are up to date.  I tried for two days and gave up. But when I opened the app today on my iPad Pro and turned the headphones on it connected to the Bose Music just fine. I was able to set presets for noice cancelling.  My only question now is can I link the headphones to my Soundbar 700? So I can listen to the the tv in other rooms while I may be cooking etc,? Thanks much,

Michael

charliebigpot
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 - Android App setup

I see lots of posts about iOS users not being able to connect the 700s to the Bose app, same goes for Android (at least version 9.1.0).

1) Is there any way of checking for firmware updates without the Bose app?

2) How do you guys even release a product that can't be connected through your own app on multiple platforms!? I don't expect to be a beta tester when I buy Bose.

Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 - Android App setup

Hello, charliebigpot, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having issues connecting your headphones to the app. I would suggest trying the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread to look to resolve your issues. 

To answer your questions, you can update the headphones at btu.bose.com without using the app. 

I hope this helps! 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Highlighted
charliebigpot
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 - Android App setup

Hi, thanks for the quick answer and moving my post to the right thread.

Currently the NC700 don't show up in the "product help" menu of the app, does that have to do with my phone or the app?

Thanks for sharing the link to the update!

JReddin
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

Thanks for that. Problem solved. @bose you need to get an update to the Bose Music app to stores ASAP.