Highlighted
Spasl
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 17, 2019

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

I’m still having issues. Despite it recognizing the headphones it won’t initialize. Makes me regret not listening to the reviews and getting these headphones at all...

is bose working to fix this issue or just ignoring the multiple posts about their app being faulty?

Highlighted
BlacklineQ8
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 24, 2019

I try all  these steps and still can’t use the app. 

In same time I cant remove my because when I went to manage product I can’t see my headphone. 

I use 700 NC. 0B90B015-49FA-4BD3-A4C1-99E0F37DCF2C.jpeg

1F98D824-9A02-4511-A656-747380B1F9E1.png

E1A00F0D-1259-4C4C-A617-54485B0136F2.jpeg

Highlighted
boseuser2019
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

HI there,

I have just bought the 700 noise cancelling headphones and like a lot of people here, the headphones connect to the app, but the app won't 'activate'.  I have an iphone and ipad and neither will 'activate'.  Can you please outline how I get the app to activate please so that I can use the various features?

The thread says 'solved' but I can't see what is needed or the solution.   The bose app seems to be the latest version.

Can you please reply and outline what the solution is.

Cheers 

boseuser2019
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 25, 2019

HI Jessie

I have just bought the 700 noise cancelling headphones and like a lot of people here, the headphones connect to the app, but the app won't 'activate'.  I have an iphone and ipad and neither will 'activate'.  Can you please outline how I get the app to activate please so that I can use the various features?

The thread says 'solved' but I can't see what is needed or the solution.   The bose app seems to be the latest version.

Can you please reply and outline what the solution is.

Cheers 

Highlighted
MikeH58
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Have a look at my previous posts which shows a process that worked for me. I would make sure you clear the Bose 700 Bluetooth connections from both devices. When you then try and reconnect ensure you connect to NC 700 and the LT 700 it needs both to work.

Highlighted
charliebigpot
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

Unfortunately, the steps listed in the "solved" thread don't work on my android 9.1.0 phone, the bose app just doesn't see the headphones. 

Any suggestions? 

Highlighted
charliebigpot
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 4, 2019

Is there any solution that actually works on Android? 

Highlighted
Monstieur
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 22, 2017

Highlighted
sonboy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2019

Okay, so I've been having this problem since day 1 (maybe 3 months ago). Super frustrating, but I think I just figured it out.

1) Disconnect and forget all instances of that headset from your Bluetooth settings.

2) Go to Bose Music -> Settings -> Manage Products -> Edit -> Delete the product

3) Close the app and open it again

4) Click "Connect Product" on the app

5) Turn the headset on and the app should recognize the headset. Click "Add Product".

6) Hold the Bluetooth button on the headset, select the product on your app, and click "Pair". After you click "All Set", you will very likely get a "Connection to the product has been lost" message.

7) Go to your Bluetooth settings. Say you named your product "Icecream" on the app. You should be already connected to "LE-IceCream" under MY DEVICES. Scroll down to the OTHER DEVICES section and look for "IceCream" (does not contain the LE- part). If you do not see this, just hold the Bluetooth button on the headset to activate pairing, and it should show up. Connect to IceCream.

😎Close and reopen Bose Music. You should be fully connected!

I haven't tested to see how long the connection lasts, but it seems to work as of now even when I turn the headset off and back on. I hope this solves the problem. Happy listening!

Best,

Sonny D

Edit: I just read on a post that the "LE" stands for low energy, so maybe the LE mode does not connect to the app to conserve energy? Just a thought.

Highlighted
RCHACKO23
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 25, 2019

Hey

I was wondering has this issue been fixed yet. I just got my Bose 700 just a couple days ago and I was able to connect to the app just fine, but on the next day, it would not connect. If this issue has been fixed, could you tell me how to fix it or when it is going to be fixed?