MikeH58
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

There are loads of replies on this subject if you have a trawl around. What you have to ensure before you install the Bose Music app is that the headphones are not connected via bluetooth to another device or app. You need to make sure this is not happening as it appears its the most common problem with Bluetooth connected devices. If you can disable any other connections and delete the app and start again would be my advice.

veclar
Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

Bose NC 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music App

I've recently bought a NC 700, and downloaded the Bose Music App, which worked just fine then.

I've then changed the name of the headphone to 'Ground Control.'

However, after I've changed my phone I tried to connect to Bose Music App but the app wasn't able to recognize the headphone and repeated 'Couldn't find device.' 

Is there any way to connect to the Bose Music App or reset the name of the headphone?

I've tried reseting the pair list but it didn't work, and the forums all said that factory reset is not working correctly. 

veclar
Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music App

I have managed to find the solution 🙂

Just change the name of the headphone to default ("Bose NC Headphones 700") from your phone and reinstall the Bose Music App! 😄

Pmeves
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 8, 2016

Why was this marked as solved? what is the solution?

I can't get them to connect without having to reset everything and reinstall everything. 

Having Bose engineers looking at this does not fix the problem. Is this for real?

Reinstalling everything EVERYTIME we want to connect them to the headphones is the solution?!

Flattoprob3
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

It's things like this is why Bose is shutting down all of its stores going to online only, and yeah it's not fixed ....their not even going to bother,it wasn't even their fix it was a customers...your not missing much the site doesn't really do anything special that you can't do yourself!  Have a feeling the will be going for bankruptcy soon

keep_austin_ugly
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Unable to connect NC 700 to my Pixel 3 in the Bose Music App.  God, I just want to turn off the connect prompts and its impossible.

Yes community manager i've gone through your steps of Force closing the app, forgetting the headphones on the phone, clearing the list from the headphones and attempting to repair using the Bose App, but it doesn't work.

Yes my headphones are v1.3.1., yes the app has been reinstalled via the Google Play store.

This is absolutely broken, if you're going to rely on a connected app to control and configure the flagship product of headphone line could you at least make sure it works?

BLauren
Participant
Registered since

Feb 22, 2020

Here's what I did for my Apple iPhone 7.

1. Deleted the Bose Music app. Reinstalled the Bose Music app. Removed the headphones from the app.

2. Went to each device the headphones were paired with and selected "Forget" or "Remove" device. The headphones were no longer paired with any device. 

3. Did the hard restart on the headphone, you'll find the instructions on a thread

4. Added device back to Bose Music App.

5. Added headphones back to each device

6. Now, works like normal again

mmcdonald4
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 22, 2020

Can't believe this is still an issue SEVEN MONTHS after Bose have marked a post as having a 'solution'. 

Bose should be thoroughly ashamed of putting complete garbage like this out as a flagship product.

el.don.almighty
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2018

My Bose app does not connect to NC 700

FEB-2020

v3.1.6 of the app consistently loses management control over my Bose NC 700 headphones.  

The headphones remain connected to my iPhone and iPad, but I cannot manage them, change connections, change settings, or monitor battery status.

Two versions of the headphones show up on my bluetooth devices:

1) JNB (name of my headphones)

2) LE-JNB (what is this???)

The older Bose connection software for QC35 headphones was much more reliable and didn't have so many unnecessary features.  I wish I hadn't given them to my wife...

The app team has failed at their first mission: let me manage my headphones!

I have used the troubleshooting process: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/UPDATE-Noise-Cancelling-Headphones-700-App-se...

This does not consistently resolve the issue.  I lose management control within minutes

Please give me an app that manages my headphones!

only then can you try and supply me other fancy features through the app.

iOS version 13.3.1

iPhone X Max Model MT622LL/A

iPad Pro 10.5" Model MPGH2LL/A

akp55
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 1, 2020

@Zoe_C this is not what I would consider a fix.   The issue manifest itself on one or two devices, and the solution is to reset the headphones and remove it from ALL devices.   What we need are 2 things a firmware fix and an app that doesn’t need to have an Internet connection to adjust the headphones