Aduhm
Participant
Registered since

May 8, 2020

Re: Bose NC 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music App

That has beyond not working. I cannot even connect to change the name! This has been so frustrating I’m probably just going to return the headphones. At this price of $400 it makes no sense if I can’t even use the app. 

bigh34d
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2020

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

Hi, i am having the most frustrating experience of my life. i have been trying to pair the headphones with the music app and all i get is a "oops something went wrong". I have updated the firmware to the latest one in hopes it would work, however, i am still not able to fix this. This is way too frustrating. sigh!

SarahandZeus
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

My phone recognizes it's connected (I'm listening to music on the headphones) but the app doesnt so I can't change use the equalizer function

ouing
Participant
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

I think it is OK now!

Has-it been fixed? There was an update and headphones are recognized every time since. I tought I found it when I did this: Turn on the headphones, then it connects to both the Mac computer and iPhone, as usual. But I walked away until the computer got out of range. Then everytime the app worked. Kind of 2 devices max, app counts as a separate device? Don't know. But then in the app there was an update and since that time it works... Worth a try?

Johnnyappleseed
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Try this.

• Remove/Unpair your headphone from all devices 
  • Clear your pair list. Long press of the Bluetooth/Power icon omn headset.
  • Open Music app and start headset. Select the product and choose your headphone 

If that doesn't work try this.

I would also recommend that you try a product reset, please follow the steps below:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue

Are you an Android user? If so you need to make sure you have location services enabled. I would also be curious to see if the headphones connect to another device, if you have one handy to test. 

fresteve
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

Bose NC 700 fails to connect to Bose Music

Hey,

My bose NC 700 was connected to the bose music app on my Iphone 6S for a while. Suddenly the app fails to connect to my headphones. It can find my headphones but when adding the product, selecting the accessory and trying to connect, the connection suddenly fails after a few minutes. The app asks to reconnect, only to fail over and over again. Also, the product and the app are updated.

- I already followed every step described here: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/UPDATE-Noise-Cancelling-Headphones-700-App-se...There is no improvement and the connection fails each time when the whole proces was repeated several times.

- I read that you should approve the usage of your location when setting up the app. I deleted the app and tried to re-set-up the app and approve the use of location but there is no option to do that anymore? The app only asks to send notifications (which I allow) but nothing further. I also tried to approve usage of location through the settings of my Iphone but on the page in settings with the app, there is no option to turn usage of location on or off? Only to allow bluetooth, usage of mobile data, notifications settings, ... 
Is there another way to re-install the app and approve the usage of location again?

- When I use the headphones with my Iphone, connected via Bluetooth, the right ear does not produce music. This problem does not occur when using it on my MacBook Air.

Can somebody please help me? 

Thank you so much, greetings from Belgium.

georgiekleslie
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

Bose 700 will not pair with iOS app

I have recently purchased a pair of Bose 700 on ear headphones. 

While I found it really easy to pair the headphones with my iOS phone and laptop, after multiple attempts I cannot pair them with the Bose app. 
I have disconnected my devices and reconnected a number of times, but the searching simply comes back with an error when I try to pair them on the app. 

Please help!

mhfaheem
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 22, 2020

Bought new 700 Headphones. 

Waisted 5 hours trying to connect to IOS music app. 

Disappointed...is there any solution or shall i return it back...

Seems like a wasted of precious dollars. 

fresteve
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

Re: Bose 700 will not pair with iOS app

I have thesame thing! I hope someone can give us a solution? I tried everything.

Bpalmer6
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

I have tried time and time again, had these Bose 700 headphones since December and I’ve gotten them to connect to the Bose music app one single time. The app is a complete and utter joke because not only does it not connect to my headphones, it also won’t work for the Bose portable home speaker which for some horrible reason my family decided to purchase a second speaker. It will be the last I buy anything Bose if you guys can’t simply get you app to connect to a pair of headphones which are already connected via Bluetooth on my iPhone. Absolutely embarrassing for a pair of 400 dollar headphones which are considered to be “top of class” to have an app that’s completely incapable of being used.