Yashwant
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

I received my Headphones yesterday but I struggling to get it to connect to Bose Musice App. Its able to find the product; asks for Accessory then spins and says Connection failed.

I am able to use the headphone with my iphone and mac but doesnt work with Music App. 

Any suggestions. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for all your posts and raising awareness of the issue. All of your feedback has been most helpful.

Following the feedback from the Community, we have found that some users have experienced set up issues within the Bose Music application for iOS devices. These sometimes present as issues with initial setup or issues once they have been set up. We would like to take the opportunity to thank you all for your continued patience and to inform you that this has been passed onto our Engineering team. The team has now identified the course of the issues and are now working tirelessly to provide a solution. 

For more details and troubleshooting steps regarding this issue, please go to the Community thread HERE.

Thank you again for your contributions to helping us locate the issues. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

206 REPLIES 206
raja.mahadasu@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

I too have the same issue.

mreloc
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 15, 2019

Me too. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, removing the 700's from my product list, forgetting Bluetooth, then reinstalling everything. It appears to add my 700's back just fine, I was able install firmware update, but when that finished it "loses connection" and then I'm not able to connect to the app again. Just says "failed- try again'

I hope someone from tech support can weigh in.

Yashwant
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Ok found the solution.

• Remove/Unpair your headphone from all devices 
  • Clear your pair list. Long press of the Bluetooth/Power icon omn headset.
  • Open Music app and start headset. Select the product and choose your headphone 
raja.mahadasu@gmail.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

it worked

Hello everyone,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! Sorry to hear that you are having issues connecting to the Bose Music app, this must be very frustrating. However, @Yashwant has found a potential solution to the issue! I would urge everyone to check out the post and follow the steps, should you still be experiencing issues after then please get in touch so we can assist you further.

Thank you @Yashwant, have a great day everyone!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

mreloc
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 15, 2019

This only fixed it temporarily for me. Once I tried to reconnect a second time it fails. The app is recognizing that the headphone is there, but it won't let me get it connected to it so that I can manage within the app. If I turn off the headset, the app says the headphones are "not available"; then when the headphones are powered on again, the "not available" text disappears than then it offers the option to "connect"- which fails.

Frustrating bugs so far!

Hello mreloc,

Thanks for getting back in touch to let us know. Can I just confirm that you have tried the troubleshooting other users have suggested earlier in the thread? I would also recommend that you try a product reset, please follow the steps below:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button when the Bluetooth light blinks blue

Are you an Android user? If so you need to make sure you have location services enabled. I would also be curious to see if the headphones connect to another device, if you have one handy to test. 

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

joshkelso
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

I'm having this exact same issue. I did what Yashwant suggested as well mutliple times. After disconnecting in bluetooth and reconnecting, mutliples times, deleting the product from the Bose Music app and reconnecting it, I finally got it to connect. I then finally got through setup and it automatically started an update. Got all the way through the update and the headphones disconnected from the Bose Music app and sent me to the My Bose screen where it continues to tell me "Connection Failed. Please try again." This is unbelievably frustating.

mreloc
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 15, 2019

So I attempted the reboot- which is tricky- if I even got it to work. (after holding a power button for a long time blue light never flashed)

I'm wondering if it's an ios issue- my ipad mini4 seems to work better with connection. My iphone XSMax (running 12.3.1) is having the most issues. Interesting, if I attempt to add another Bose device (+ sign in music app) and I skip all the screens to add the device, it goes back to the home screen with my headphones connected! 

Btw, pausing one device and beginning playing on a second device is not functining without reactivating bluetooth button...

I may not be able to tolerate these bugs unless a fix comes SOON.