Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

Hello RCHACKO23,

Thanks for posting in the community, it's s shame that you are also having difficulty connecting to the Bose Music app. I would be more than happy to assist you with this, have you tried any of the troubleshooting suggested in this thread?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 25, 2019

Hey Zoe C

I have not done any of the troubleshooting that is suggested on the thread. Do you mind sending me a link to them?

Thanks

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello RCHACKO23,

Thanks for getting back to me, I will provide you with the troubleshooting I would recommend as the best steps towards a resolution for you. You should try resetting the headphones, clearing the Bluetooth pairing list, rebooting your device, deleting then re-installing the Bose Music App and testing connecting to the headphones with the app on another device. 

To reboot your headset:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

To clear the headset memory of previously paired Bluetooth® devices:

• Power on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared."

I hope this helps, I would also suggest reading through the thread to see what other community members have suggested and what has worked for them.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 18, 2017

Regarding message 168 - That fix only applies to IOS And Mac users. NOT Android users.

Anyway count me as "Not able to connect". Android device user - Galaxy Note 9. Android Version 9

EDIT: Using Zoe_C’s post in 173 on resetting the phones, along with un-pairing the phones from your device, as well as removing and reinstalling the app worked.

Suggestion once all the above is done, us the app itself to pair to your phone/device. That’s what I did, and all is good now.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Is Bose aware that this problem still exists? It's been several months since the release and yet I'm not able to reconnect to the app. What is being done to fix this issue? Is it a software or hardware problem? Very frustrating that you would release a product with a buggy app that is needed to use the headphones.

Highlighted

Hi g5410, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue and would love to assist you further. 

So that I can assist you further can you please confirm the device that you are attempting to set the headphones up on? As well as confirming if you have attempted all troubleshooting methods that are listed in this thread? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this and can only apologize for this experience. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Are you able to reconnect? I did this and can connect, but then I'm not able to reconnect.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

Pixel 3 XL.

Have tried all the troubleshooting here. I can get it to connect when I clear everything and reset the phone. However, when I disconnect Bluetooth, reset the phone or turn the headphones on/off it's not able to reconnect.

Highlighted

Hi g5410, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this! I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue after attempting all of these steps. 

Do you have another device that you can attempt to use the headphones on to see if the issue still persists? I would highly recommend that you ensure that your Bose Music App and Headphones are running the latest software. You can check this on the headphones by connecting them to a PC and going to Btu.bose.com

I look forward to hearing the result of these steps from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 16, 2019

I tried connecting them to my Macbook Pro and that's not working. I also downloaded the Bose Updater - not working either. 

What else can I do?