Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

It's things like this is why Bose is shutting down all of its stores going to online only, and yeah it's not fixed ....their not even going to bother,it wasn't even their fix it was a customers...your not missing much the site doesn't really do anything special that you can't do yourself!  Have a feeling the will be going for bankruptcy soon

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Unable to connect NC 700 to my Pixel 3 in the Bose Music App.  God, I just want to turn off the connect prompts and its impossible.

Yes community manager i've gone through your steps of Force closing the app, forgetting the headphones on the phone, clearing the list from the headphones and attempting to repair using the Bose App, but it doesn't work.

Yes my headphones are v1.3.1., yes the app has been reinstalled via the Google Play store.

This is absolutely broken, if you're going to rely on a connected app to control and configure the flagship product of headphone line could you at least make sure it works?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 22, 2020

Here's what I did for my Apple iPhone 6s.

1. Deleted the Bose Music app. Reinstalled the Bose Music app. Removed the headphones from the app.

2. Went to each device the headphones were paired with and selected "Forget" or "Remove" device. The headphones were no longer paired with any device. 

3. Did the hard restart on the headphone, you'll find the instructions on a thread

4. Added device back to Bose Music App.

5. Added headphones back to each device

6. Now, works like normal again

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 22, 2020

Can't believe this is still an issue SEVEN MONTHS after Bose have marked a post as having a 'solution'. 

Bose should be thoroughly ashamed of putting complete garbage like this out as a flagship product.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 29, 2018

My Bose app does not connect to NC 700

FEB-2020

v3.1.6 of the app consistently loses management control over my Bose NC 700 headphones.  

The headphones remain connected to my iPhone and iPad, but I cannot manage them, change connections, change settings, or monitor battery status.

Two versions of the headphones show up on my bluetooth devices:

1) JNB (name of my headphones)

2) LE-JNB (what is this???)

The older Bose connection software for QC35 headphones was much more reliable and didn't have so many unnecessary features.  I wish I hadn't given them to my wife...

The app team has failed at their first mission: let me manage my headphones!

I have used the troubleshooting process: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/UPDATE-Noise-Cancelling-Headphones-700-App-se...

This does not consistently resolve the issue.  I lose management control within minutes

Please give me an app that manages my headphones!

only then can you try and supply me other fancy features through the app.

iOS version 13.3.1

iPhone X Max Model MT622LL/A

iPad Pro 10.5" Model MPGH2LL/A

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 1, 2020

@Zoe_C this is not what I would consider a fix.   The issue manifest itself on one or two devices, and the solution is to reset the headphones and remove it from ALL devices.   What we need are 2 things a firmware fix and an app that doesn’t need to have an Internet connection to adjust the headphones

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 12, 2020

I bought my NC700 on December 2019 and since then after trying all the steps here 100 times and contact Bose Support (that dropped the call after one hour, by the way and never got back), I still have this issue. Unbelievable that Bose would allow it’s flagship product with such bugs and poor support. I need a solution. Other Bose apps (iOS 13) throw me to Bose Music and this never registers my product. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 28, 2019

App doesn't recognise my Bose on my iPhone 11. Although the headphones connects to the phone.

I'm assuming Bose outsourced the coding to some high school people from India.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 23, 2020

Latest (strange) issue....

When I connect my headphones to my windows (Dell) laptop using the advice on here (i.e. via the app), my internet speed goes to almost zero. Disconnect the headphones... back to normal. WHAT is going on.