Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2017

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

Premium Product, Premium Price. Horrific Engineering. Notice I said engineering not support. The support folks are good they are just hamstrung by engineering. The twitter team said they had referred this to engineering and no update. I tried SMS support and they offered to replace the headphones. Clearly the issue is with the app since it can't connect to their cloud. The problem is 7 months old + and still no resolution. Hundreds of people with the identical issue. Cmon Bose you used to be better than this. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 1, 2020

how do we initiate a refund?  i'm actually tired of dealing with this garbage.  i'd rather go back to my old wired headphones, they work ALL the time, and i can switch them to ANY device and not worry.  You know since apparently these headphones are only supported with smart phones, and apparently not with a computer as well.....

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

Same thing here, so I add my voice to this thread. Finally managed to update to latest firmware (took so long!!!) but still impossible to connect the app reliably. It randomly reconnects though. Can't find the pattern. To switch from devices it seems like there are "ghost" devices connected and you need to disconnect them with a one-second bluetooth button pressing. Then in iPhone or MacBook I can manually connect to 700.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to APP and Switching between Phone and Computer

Very disappointed. I purchased these as I was told they were the best on the planet for calls. The call functions are good, no better than the predecessor version for clarity, and in my opinion the previous version is more comfortable. I bought them due to having my wife working downstairs and the CQ35II only working in one ear for volume another solid issue to have but at least I had those for two or three years. The APP is atrocious it says it is not connected 8.5 out of 10 times, maybe more, its unacceptable for the price point and I can't think of anything other than the case holder for the cords that is better in this edition than the last. How almost  a year after launch is the app still atrocious???  I have calls come through Skype on my laptop to headphones and then also calls to my phone to my headphones, and it is a train wreck because the APP is always "unable to connect" its like aol dial up from 1997 the old version let you toggle between each just on the phone, now you need the APP which doesn't work... Hoping I am missing something as I have only had them for two days but very disappointed.  

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to APP and Switching between Phone and Computer

I am not sure why you need to keep using the app as I only used this in initial setup. My iPhone/ iPad / Mac pick up the Headphones when I turn them on and then just use the button to swop devices.

if you have set up correctly and have 2 separate Bluetooth connections registered on each device you should be fine. I think the poor Bose instructions for set up cause most of the issues and why they don’t rectify the issue beggars belief.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2017

The button isn't a good option when you have more than 2 devices. Plus this is a feature I paid for. It should work.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

I thought you could only switch between 2 devices hence the button to swop🤔

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2017

The app allows up to 6 or 8 (I don't recall). Personally, I have 3. The button was a good suggestion though. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

I don’t think the app has anything to do with swopping from one device to another. Apart from when I first set up a Bose device I never use it apart from software updates etc.

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

Yes I agree, when the setup is done, don't touch anything except the power button and you are good to go. But don't touch anything else, the app isn't there to help you. That's bad because the app is visually helping to connect/remove devices, configure noise canceling button etc. But as long as only two devices max are connected, I agree you are fine without the app. That's bad because they are providing an app that is not working as intended, after more than a year it appears...