Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

Deleting just the “LE” connection just gets me stuck in the Bose app seeing the headphones but then telling me to put them into “ready to connect”, and it never finds them.

Deleting both Bluetooth connections and I’m back to “unable to connect”.

Bose needs to fire whoever is responsible for their app chaos. Why do they have THREE different apps? Please get your act together.

Participant
Registered since

Nov 2, 2020

Hi Community;

I had issues with Bose Music App sync. It worked once and then while trying to turn off the headphone (by clicking long time on the Bluetooth) it deleted all connections and made the Bluetooth sync not working anymore....

So solutions for iOS 14:

- Delete Bluetooth "HeadphoneName" and "LE-HeadphoneName"

- Then install it as a new headphone

Plus : to turn off, just click once on the Bluetooth button.

Hope it helps.

Youm77

Bose 700 UC

Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2020

Bose app not connecting to Bose 700

I can not connect my Boss 700 headphones to the Bose App I get the 

Oops Something went wrong message 

Contributor
Registered since

Jun 11, 2017

Re: Bose Music App not connecting

I have the exact same issue on both my iPhone and my iPad. Only difference: it only worked once and now tried over a 100 times, software update done, tried to reset headphone, tried to erase the device from the bose music app, installed the google assistant and alexa app once it requested those, tried connecting via regular Bluetooth first (which worked, but still not in bose music app), tried reinstalling the app, tried reinstalling, erasing from Bluetooth list on both my computer and on the headphones, resetting headphones with power cable connection method as described in bose troubleshooting, all without a solution.   The app keeps saying it has trouble with getting an initial connection with the device.   Guess it is an extremely thin line scenario were exactly all circumstances need to align perfectly in order for this thing to work. This is extremely frustrating!!! I've had hard times with bose apps before, but this seems to beat them all. Ever heard of error catching/handling?

Contributor
Registered since

Jun 11, 2017

How on earth is that 'normal' ???

Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2019

To add to all solutions;

When you throw away your Bluetooth connections in your device (like Iphona in my case)  please do that for both. Bose makes 2 Bluetooth connections. Bose NC700 and LE-bose NC700. 

When you only delete the Bose NC700 you can pair your headphone. But still not use the Bose Music app.

Kind regards !

Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2020

I think this is a systematic problem. I’ve updated the software for my headphones, using most recent iOS, reinstalled the music app twice and can’t get my new headphones to connect. Nice guy on customer support line could not help. I’m very disappointed with the whole experience and thinking about returning the headphones. 

Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2020

I've had a similar issue with the headphones not connecting to my phone. It turned out that it was due to bluetooth being "hogged" by another app. In my case it was MiFit which was trying to connect to MiFit Band 4. The band itself didn't have battery, so the MiFit was unsuccessfully trying to connect to the band like a maniac. Once I've resolved that by charging the band so that the phone can connect to it I no longer had any problems connecting my headphones and am no longer experiencing any problems with Bose Music app. Hope this helps.

Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2020

Is there a solution to this issue. It’s been 8 months since I bought my headphones and in this time I have been able to connect to the app just once or twice. It’s a real pain. I don’t understand why this should be such a big problem. I have uninstalled the app several times, cleared my connected device list on the headphones many times but can’t seem to connect to the app.  

Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2020

It's my 3rd day trying this headphone. I like everything about it but connection of BOSE MUSIC app is very frustrating. It worked RARELY if I get lucky. All this time, instead of enjoying music, I wasted most of time deleting devices, re-installing app, pairing, failing and repeat the process all over again and again. The killing part is that EQ is only accessible by the app and I need to adjust EQ depends on what I listen to. So at this very hour, I decided to return the product along with 3 years of warranty. I was a loyal fan of BOSE for 20 years and now I would have to look for another quality bluetooth headphone from some other brands. This sure is a very frustrating experience.