Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

Why is this topic marked as solved?

Multiple users gave feedback that the recommended solution doesn’t fix the issue.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Hello,

Set location permission in the Bose music app settings (I mean the Android menu settings) fixed the issue for me.

I have a pixel 3 XL.

I hope it will help you

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

This solved the problem for me:

remove all the devices from Bluetooth 

turn off and on bluetooth

turn on and off flight mode

hard reset iPhone 

start bose music and pair devices when phone is asking. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Wow thank u so much for your info. I finally connected to my bose music. I was frustrated 🙂

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Ended up returning them today. FeelsBadMan

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

As with others in this discussion, your instructions are not working for me.

Your 3rd step "Open music app and start headset"  ????  The headset is already connected the my iPhone X by bluetooth.  What do you mean by "start headset", since it's already on.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

> Quoting Mike5333
> " Set location permission in the Bose music app settings (I mean the Android menu settings) fixed the issue for me."

Thanks for your suggestion, and I appreciate your desire to be helpful.

But to the Bose people: This is ridiculous! Why do you need to know my real-time location just for me to listen to music?!

I bought the QC35s a while ago and was already frustrated that I couldn't control the noise-cancelling feature without installing the (otherwise useless) "Bose Connect" app on my phone. Once it was installed -surprise, surprise!-  it was loaded with spyware by default. I had to search to disable some of it, but I have no idea what else you've got hidden in there, and you've deliberately engineered these headphones so that I cannot control the NC without it.

Look: you can charge people money for your product, or you can invade their privacy in exchange, but you can't do both. I paid 300 Euros for these headphones because I thought that that would be the end of the transaction. I reasonably assumed that having all of my listening habits monitored was not part of the deal. So how much is enough? How much would I need to pay to just be able to listen to my own music in peace, without you jotting down my playlists and watching me everywhere I go?

I will never buy another one of your company's products again.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

This is most definitely not solved. 

I'm having the same issues. Now, it simply says "Connection Unsuccessful." 

I'm able to pair directly through the device bluetooth (phone/computer) but not through the app. 

I've cleared all bluetooth devices from the headphones, cleared the app, deleted the app and even reinstalled it. Still having the same issues. 

Even when I successfully got the device to pair with the apps once (the first time), each time I would enter the app, it would say it was disconnected and try to reconnect (unsuccessfully). 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

This worked for me! For some reason, even if I allowed permission in the Bose Music app - it did not work. I had to go into my location permission settings on my phone and ensure that Bose Music was allowed location permissions.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Enabling location services doesn't seem to be a fix for iOS. The Music app isn't listed as an app that has requested or can be enabled for location services.