Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

I too have the same issue.  It connects and works for a while with the Bose Music App, and then it doesn’t find the headphones.  At the same time the headphones don’t stop telling you “Ready to connect”

Can your Tech team look into this as an urgent matter.  It’s unacceptable to roll out a top of the line new headphone model and new app, only for them not to work together.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Adding to that - I’ve implemented the solution posted here twice.

they work again for a while, and then the issue reoccurs.

Please escalate to your Engineering teams ASAP - I don’t think you have found the Solution.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

after extreme sceptiscm, this actually worked. extremely annoying but you must be patient. 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

What an absolute shocking experience - like others just unboxed my new headphones 

- can’t connect 

- can’t activate 

- why do I now need 3 Bose apps to manage my headphones and SoundTouch devices

bose developers hang your head in shame and go and look at Apple AirPods to see how simple this should be 

utter disgrace for a premium product 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

This app is shockingly Bad.  Bose you should be ashamed of yourself.  Not only does it fail to connect, it constantly signs you out and you have to sign back in.  How do I connect to your stupid app at 30,000 feet with no internet?  

Fix this garbage Bose, there is no excuse for it.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Once again, after another night spent troubleshooting, this problem needs to be marked unsolved. 

I'm hoping the BOSE team gets this escalated immediately to the engineering team. To have released this App along with the 700s is pretty embarrassing. It's a far worse user experience than the QC-35 IIs. While I love the new features of the headphones, I'll be returning them shortly if this isn't addressed. 

There's no reason that a premium Bose product should be beta tested on it's early adopters. Once again, I've followed every step in this thread multiple times using an iPhone. At best, the device connects to the app for a short period, then disconnects and won't reconnect. I've included removing the app entirely, reinstalling, restarting the phone, clearing the device entirely, MULTIPLE TIMES. 

I can't believe none of the reviewers have discussed this massive issue. Please help asap. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Totally agree. The connectivity issue is an absolute joke. I’ll be returning mine as well

within the next week if this isn’t corrected. There is absolutely no excuse for it. 

I also get an absurd “Your device isn’t connected to a WiFi network so your headphones may not connect.”  Bose in what universe are you living in that you are making WiFi a part of connecting your phone through Bluetooth.  Get your act together.  

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 15, 2019

The WiFi requirement is what confounds me the most given the connection with Bluetooth. Many of us purchase these for airline travel where WiFi availability is spotty at best. Hopefully the supossed upcoming Sony’s will give us a viable option.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 15, 2019

I had to ditch my QC35 because the mic would randomly stop.  I was hopeful that thing would be better with the NC 700, but boy was I mistaken when the headphones won't even pair with the app.  I finally got past the first part where the picture of the headphones pops up on screen, by resting my iphone on the right cup, but now when it goes to connect it says connection failed.

Of course Bose will deny the problem, just like they did with the QC35 offering to replace them ad nauseum, not realizing that this is a bigger problem.  I'm beginning to hate Bose because they really don't care about their customers.

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

I can't fix the problem even after reading all the post here.

The thing is THIS SHOULD BE BOSE's problem!!!!

Why did the customer have to resolve the problem by themselves?