Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

Here's a thought for you moderators...How about a 10% off code for all of us reading these threads that are now very weary of spending our hard earned money on a product that may not work after purchase.  i was pretty set on purchasing these headphones by the end of the week (upcoming trip) until i found out by this thread that there is still no fix.  Seems like a huge risk on my part to purchase from Bose.  10% Off would ease the pain a bit to wait for a fix. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

@Mutiny81 wrote:

Here's a thought for you moderators...How about a 10% off code for all of us reading these threads that are now very weary of spending our hard earned money on a product that may not work after purchase.  i was pretty set on purchasing these headphones by the end of the week (upcoming trip) until i found out by this thread that there is still no fix.  Seems like a huge risk on my part to purchase from Bose.  10% Off would ease the pain a bit to wait for a fix. 

Seriously?  You want a discount when people like myself who already purchased the product and its not working are dealing with the issues?  If anything, we are the ones who deserve something from Bose, not potential buyers like yourself.  You can just wait for the fix and then buy them, or don't buy them.  Our only options are to either wait for the fix or return them.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Bose App and 700 headphones - current condition is unusable

Recently picked up the 700’s.  Hoping for an upgrade from my QC II’s.

The build quality and noice cancelling abilities are excellent.  Unfortunately, this is where the fun stops.  Pairing via Bluetooth was frustrating at best.  Using the Bose music app I needed to toggle Bluetooth on and off to finally get them to connect to both of my devices,  

I am currently on vacation and have spent time on trains and planes.  The headphones do not appear to want to work at all if you don’t have WiFi connection.  Recently on a train trip it took me over 15 minutes to toggle in and out of airplane mode, disconnect and reconnect via Bluetooth to finally get the headphones to connect to my device.  Turned them off and back on again only to be faced with the same issues.  Trasparency mode only pauses my media when I am connected to my iPhone not my iPad.

The Bose music app seems really angry and not functional when you are not connected to the internet, which is most of the time when traveling.  Not understanding why Bose would think it was a good idea to require internet connection for headphones.

Like many premium brand products I expect Bose stuff just to work.  When I drop $499 on headphones I do not expect these types of issues.  When I return home they will be returned.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

I'm experiencing the same issue on my iPhone 7 Plus on iOS 12.3.1 & the latest version of Bose music app.

I did all the troubleshooting steps, but they only work TEMPORARILY. The next day, connection to the app fails again and I need to do the same steps if I want to change a simple setting.

This is very disappointing for a premium device like this. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 17, 2019

I confirm that the fix works! Thanks, Bose. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

I love Bose’s solution.  Keep repairing the devices and it might work.  Bose is a company that I just expect things to work.  I shouldn’t have to jump through hoops to use $399 headphones.  Test your products!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

Coming from a total BOSE fan boy...these cans are garbage.  They rushed them out too soon to stop the bleeding of market to Sony.  I think they made a HUGE mistake pushing this product out, it clearly doesn't work and will only serve to push more people to Sony.  I'm giving them 1 week to resolve this issue and then these phones are going back

@Cubswin41 wrote:

This is a really frustrating problem to work through. I think I've tried all of the suggested fixes listed here, but it is still not working. Is there a running list of steps to take where I don't have to read through all 90 posts? I imagined a much smoother experience with buying my first premium headphones. Pretty disappointed thus far.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

Why do I have to log in to Bose Music App on my iPhone almost EVERY TIME! And the app will not connect to my NC 700.

This is really disappointing, to log in when I just need to connect my own headphones.
Bose come with a new update ASAP, without the unnecessary login. (It is probably just for you to take user information from us).
Connecting to both iPhone and Windows 10 doesn't work either. Need to turn the headphones on and off to switch the sound to the desired device. After all, it is not possible to use the "Bose Music App" because it fails all the time.
Will return these headphones if nothing happens in a very short time.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

This issue is not solved. Please mark it unsolved immediately.

I have updated the firmware on the headphones but can still not get them to connect to any of the three android devices I've tried on. Yes I've also followed every other suggested steps and quite a few besides them. Bose, own the problem! Mark it unsolved. Solve the problem. Mark it solved when the users are satisfied.

This thread is already ten pages of the same problems. Own it, please!

Highlighted

Hi Brynte, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue and would love to help you resolve this. 

I understand your frustrations regarding this and appreciate that you have attempted some steps already before reaching out to us, can you please also confirm the region that you are located in? If you are located in a region that the headphones aren't currently available this may cause issues for you. So that we don't get you to repeat any steps can you please update us on which steps you have attempted so far? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.