Highlighted

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

Hi everyone, 

Thank you all for your input regarding this issue. 

To confirm, when the headphones do not connect, do you still see them in the Bose Music App? If so, I would recommend removing them from the app before attempting to reconnect. 

If you are still experiencing issues, I would recommend updating the headphones through a PC or MAC using to the LINK HERE to make sure the update was installed correctly. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
KillerStephen
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

I am having the same issue. Tried all steps listed in the thread so far.

I can use the headhphones for music, chat, etc. They just wont connect to the app...

Highlighted

Hi KillerStephen, 

Thank you for your post! 

I'm sorry to hear that the steps have been unsuccessful. 

Have you updated through your PC or Mac? How did that go?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
KillerStephen
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Managed to get past the pairing screen, now it always goes to wifi setup, then gets stuck on a screen that says "Dont see your product?"

Cant proceed past that.

Edit: I have updated through the PC app.

Highlighted

Hello KillerStephen, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Have you already tried to uninstall the Bose Music app from your iPhone? Have you also tried to restart the iPhone? 

Another thing you can try is to reset the network settings of the phone by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Highlighted
mreloc
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 15, 2019

Hi Jessie-

Yes, when attempting to connect, the headphones still appear in the app. Removing and re-adding gets it to work one time, and then failures begin again.

I have attempted the firmware update via PC, and recieved confirmation that latest version is running.

Highlighted
mattd
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

I'm also having this problem.  Using a Pixel 3, and I'm able to connect via the system bluetooth menu (normal "Pair New Device") but not via Bose Music.

When I press "Add Product" in the Bose Music app, it times out searching nearby and results in a "Don't See Your Product?" help page.

At one point I did have the headphones in the app, but I had never connected successfully through the app.  It seems like this was after I successfully updated firmware, but it never reconnected again either.  I removed the device from the app, un-paired bluetooth at the system level, and cleared the paired devices list from the headphones themselves.

No matter what I've tried thus far, I always get back to trying to add the device and getting "Don't See Your Product?"

I'm able to listen to music apps without the Bose Music app but it seems I'm losing quite a bit of control over my headphones if I don't have the ability to interact with them via Bose Music.  Please advise on what further steps I should take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

Thanks

Highlighted
mattd
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

In case it helps anyone, it seems like the problem I had was despite setting location permissions to "when the app is running", the app had location services set to disabled in the permissions.  I went back in and fixed that, and was able to connect my headphones.

With that said, it also took two attempts to get properly paired.  Once got it paired with the device, then the second time got it properly connected to the app.

We'll see if it lasts better than the experience others have had.

Highlighted
mreloc
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 15, 2019

That's strange, mattd- I don't find Location permissions referenced either within the settings in the app nor in my iPhone settings menu for Bose Music app. Where did you find this?

Highlighted
mattd
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Can't say on iPhone.  I'm on Android.  When I first installed the app it asked about these permissions and I granted them "when the app was running" but it seemed Android didn't like that very much and switched it to denied.

In my app info, permissions indicated location and storage were denied, so I enabled location access and it started working.

Obviously this is all in the context of Android as I don't know if there's an IOS parallel to this, but hopefully this will help another Android user at some point.