Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

Wow these things are just trash. My phone connects to them but the app is not smart enough to realize that. Yikes. I've tried everything. I'll be sending these back and giving them a 1 star on Amazon. I can't even contact Bose to get help.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

Hi - I'm having exactly the same problem. Headphones arrived in the mail yesterday after ordering directly from the Bose website, I was able to connect once and have not been able to since. I can't even use them for noise cancelling because I keep getting that annoying 'ready to connect' chirp in my ear. Except they aren't ready to connect and keeping failing to connect to the Bose music app on my phone....

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

My advice: reset everything, reconfigure then live without the app... I personaly removed the voice prompts that I find anoying every time I push a button, I set the three noise canceling to 1-5-10 and that’s it. By the way I think these are great headphones. I particuly like the noise canceling fonction for thé microphone. I tried it besides my wife playing piano and the petson at the other end did not heard the piano while I was talking! Just don’t think about the crappy Bose App and you’ll love these headphones!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to APP and Switching between Phone and Computer

@Circa1962 It literally says on Bose' product it can connect to 2 smart devices at the same time, where did you see 6-8? 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2017

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to APP and Switching between Phone and Computer

You can have 2 concurrent connections. The app allows you to store and manage connections for more. Being able to use the app makes it much easier to switch which 2 connections are active.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 24, 2020

Ahh you meant connections in the app - I was trying to figure out why anyone would need more than 2 devices connected lol my mistake. 

The app definitely sucks though, i was also looking for a solution to it randomly disconnecting - guess its a continued issue.

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Apr 1, 2020

It can be paired with more than 2 devices (initial bluetooth pairing done) , but connected to 2 maximum simultaneously, at the same time. Like, connected to both my iPhone and my laptop computer. Listening to music from the laptop then taking a call from the iPhone without having to intervene.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 4, 2020

Hello-- I saw several posts about this but none have resolved my issue. I have an iphone and the most up to date version of the app. When I turn on my headphones, they connect to my phone but when I open the app, the app says the headphones are "unavailable" so I can't configure the settings. I've turned the head phones on and off and am still having the same issue.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 4, 2020

Just got mine today and have the same problem on iOS. Tried all the resetting recommended in previous threads but seems to be pretty clearly a problem with the app rather than the headphones. Hoping it’s a bug they can patch, but not optimistic given how long this thread has been open without a resolution. Really an unacceptable problem for “premium” headphones.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 4, 2020

I have reviewed all the threads on this and for months tried the suggested fixes but cannot resolve this issue. After repeatedly un-pairing and forgetting the headphones, reinstalling app it's just creating a cycle that seems anytime headphones power off it triggers the device not found message and have to repeat the process . 

Are these just junk/defective or has anyone successfully resolved this? I am about to bin these.