Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

This worked for me. I think my phone needs the extra boost of power from USB-c to computer or charger. Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 26, 2020

Re: Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

My new Bose Headphones are not connecting to the Bose music app 

when I first set them up not long ago they worked fine now they aren’t connecting 

I have turned my iPhone on and off, disconnected Bluetooth, cleared the Bluetooth history off the headphones, I have deleted and re deleted the app and I have reset my headphones. 
Please help I have Noise canceling 700 and bought it brand new 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2020

Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

Hello, I bought NC700 yesterday and while I can pair it through bluetooth to my cellphone (Oneplus 7 pro) and laptop (Macbook Air), it systematically refuses to connect through the set up process in the Bose Music app. I get messages like « hang in there, almost there », then suddenly it says « connection failed, try again ». 

All my products and app are updated: last Android system running, 3.5.6 Bose Music App version, and I've updated the NC700 on Bose updater. Nothing.

I've also tried doing the following:

• Deleting and reinstalling the Bose Music app to ensure that I have the latest version installed. 
  • Unpairing the headphones with all devices, clearing bluetooth history.
  • Clearing the headphones pairing list via powering on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until I heard the Bluetooth device list cleared.
  • Retrying - no results.
  • Resetting the headphones.

I've tried on and off wifi, I've turned on and off bluetooth, etc.

Please help as it is very frustrating to pay so much for a product and not have access to all the settings. Considering the number of post with similar issues I've seen online, Bose should consider the possibility of connecting the product through laptops so people could try with a different device if it doesn't work with their mobile...

Thank you very much for your help, it's very appreciated.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2020

Hi, before you do anything make sure you’ve forgotten your headphones from the Bluetooth list on your phone if you’ve already paired it to the phone but on the app, also make sure you forget another Bluetooth device known as “LE-*your Bose headphones’ name*” and once this is done make sure to open the Bose music app and connect it again. It should work. Good luck!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

I have the exact same problem with the latest version of iOS. The app successfully pairs the headphones with the phone but then can’t connect to the headphones to change settings.

And yes, I’ve done all the steps suggested, multiple times.

4A5C58BB-49CF-4B19-8A7D-CAF5B35B8261.png

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 15, 2020

Here’s what finally worked for me:

1. Do the reset thing where you hold the power button and immediately plug in the power cord while holding the button down. 
2. Turn the headphones on

3. Go to Bluetooth in Settings on your iOS device

4. Look for ‘LE ______’ where the blank part is the name of your headphones. (This didn’t always show up for me. If it doesn’t show up for you, I’m sorry — I’m new to this.)

5. Have your iOS device forget the ‘LE _______’ item. 
6. Open the Bose Music app and attempt to add the headphones as a new headset. Let it search your network and find it. 

I hope this helps someone. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 19, 2020

This worked for me. After having the headphones for over 8 months these were the steps that allowed my 700's to connect to my iphone. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2020

Deleting just the “LE” connection just gets me stuck in the Bose app seeing the headphones but then telling me to put them into “ready to connect”, and it never finds them.

Deleting both Bluetooth connections and I’m back to “unable to connect”.

Bose needs to fire whoever is responsible for their app chaos. Why do they have THREE different apps? Please get your act together.