bpunsky
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

A year and a half later and this is still happening with my new NC 700s. This is really unbelievably bad software malpractice, and I'm not surprised so many people are saying to switch to other brands. I'm very reluctantly considering returning the headphones myself if I can't get this resolved.

I've tried everything suggested in this thread and more to get the app on my Pixel 3A XL to connect. I have reset the headphones multiple times, disconnected all bluetooth connections, reset the bluetooth device list, turned it off and on, charged it fully, restarted my phone, reset my phone's bluetooth/wifi/cell settings, reinstalled the app multiple times... Everything you could imagine short of factory resetting my phone itself. I'm out of new ways to troubleshoot this and patience is wearing thin. It shouldn't be this painful to get such a high-end product to work, considering that the app is needed for a lot of features, and with well over a year since launch there's no excuse for why this hasn't been fixed. I might think it was just my bad luck if not for the still-active 29 page thread full of people on both major phone OSes complaining about the same exact pattern of problems. It seems anyone whose problems were solved in this thread, their problems were solved in a very hit-or-miss ad-hoc fashion. And I wonder how many people's problem was never solved, how many ended up returning their products.

Now, if it's of any use, when the app tells me that it failed to connect to the headphones, it usually pops up with an android system toast saying that the connection failed due to an "incorrect PIN or passkey". This might have to do with the million or so notification pop-ups from the android system asking me to connect the headphones - which I'll grant is probably google's fault, not yours. But it happens a lot during the Bose Music app connection process, suggesting that the device's bluetooth is disconnecting and reconnecting a lot during the process.

metalconcerto
Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2020

I hear you my friend. Bose is a great company that makes quality products but this is a little too much. Updating the app or resolving this connection problem shouldn't be a year and a half process. I returned mine and waiting for refund. I still want Bose NC products but many of them are out of stock. So I guess I would really have to look for other brands.

5Alive
Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2021

I can NOT link my 700 with my iPhone!!! WHAT ARE THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS!!!

GANYMEDE
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2021

I had problems connecting my phone Huawai P20 Lite to the bose 700s involving the Bose music app. After trying various recovery options in the posts. I discovered the headphones would connect through bluetooth with my computer. So I deduced it was something to do with my phone. I rebooted the phone and that solved the connection problems.

Hope this is some help.

lolo_leslie
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2021

Hi There, I am having the same issues as above. I can COnnect to my iMac and my Pixel Phone, but not via the Bose Music App. I have tried doing what Yashwant suggested above but still no luck. When I open the Bpse music app and it starts searching for a few seconds. I then get a page that says 'Don't see your product?' I select my product (NC 700s). then I get the 'Connecting to your Bose NC 700s' screan. I have been following all the instructions on this page but it never changes page to symbolise that its found my headphones. I have tried without being already connected to my phone as well as already being connected to my phone. I haven also tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. I have tried clearing the bluetooth connection memory (forget) from my phone as well as clearing the known connected devices from the headphones itself.

Are these faulty or am I missing something?