Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boss2boss
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2021

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

Hi Vicky_W, I followed your suggestion and updated the firmware. For the first time, the headphone can be connected to the app. Thank you very much. 

Now, there is a new problem. Before the update, I was able to connect it to my Samsung TV and had sound. After the firmware update, although the TV shows that it is connected to the 700 and the 700 is selected as the sound output, there is no sound from the headphone even I increased the volumn to max. What shall I do?

Vicky_W

@boss2boss, please could you create a separate thread for this issue? This will allow us to keep posts of the same nature together? I am so glad that your headphones are now paired with the app. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
boss2boss
Participant
Registered since

Jun 1, 2021

OK.

Before I bought the headphone, I heard many complaints about such issue. I hesitated to buy it but I decided to give it a try. I almost returned it because of this issue. I think your company should make it clear on the product page that this widely complained app connection issue has been resolved.

RYE53
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 18, 2021

Received a brand new Bose NC700 Headphones as a gift. Out of the box, i tried to connect the headphones via the Bose Music app on the iPhone. Went into a loop of "can't connect, try again later" for several hours. Almost gave up.

Then, I thought of updating the headphone's firmware and found this: http://btu.bose.com Make sure to use the provided USB-C cable that came with the headphones.

Lo and behold, the headphone connected automatically to the Bose Music app with no hassle...hope this helps. Enjoy all the features on the app.

kjmar
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2021

Two years later, I just bought a new pair of the Bose 700 headphones and I'm having the same issue.

kjmar
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2021

This didn't work for me. What did work was downloading the Bose updater, connecting my Bose 700 headphones to my computer and uploading the firmware update. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled the Bose Music app. After that, I was able to connect my headphones.

Gazza P
Participant
Registered since

Jun 26, 2021

I am also having the issue. I have

- reset the app

- forgotten the device 

- reset the app

- cleared the Bluetooth history. 

I can connect and get to the point where I am completing the secure connection but then I am asked to pair Le Bose nc 700. If a cancel it will not go any further and if I pair with this the setup fails