Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 8, 2019

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 - Unable to connect to Bose Music app

Thanks for the tip - I just cleaned out my Bluetooth connections and that did it! 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

This really bums me out. As much as I want to love these, it might be time to return them. Not trying to pay $400 to be a beta tester...

This new app is horrendous, and while the headphones work great out of the box, and sound phenomenal, this is far too frustrating. How could you guys release these with such a massive flaw..? This has really soured my impression of Bose in its current state.

My current issue is still the same. App pairs the LE, then goes fails when going into Wifi Setup... I can manually pair through settings, and play audio, even play pause the current track within the app, but as soon as I try to access the headphones, wifi setup, and "dont see your product".

Edit: For clarity, I have tried everything multiple times now. Uninstall/reinstall app, clear both BT connections, clear list from headphones, and have updated firmware via PC using the Bose tool, and screen as always had auto lock set to never.

Highlighted

Hi KillerStephen, 

Thanks for posting and providing us with this feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue and appreciate the steps that you have attempted so far. 

Have you also attempted the headphones on another device to see if the issue continues? 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Just received my NC700 headphones yesterday and having the same issues ... and gone through all the same troubleshooting steps many times (removing from BT list, removing app, reinstalling, etc), including trying it on a different device, with the same results.  Even had to reboot the device at one point, since it stopped responding altogether.

Can get it working through a manual set-up with a device, but through the app there are many issues.

rmanard1

Highlighted

Hi Rmanard1, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I appreciate you attempting all of the above troubleshooting steps above and I am sorry to hear that this didn't resolve your issue. Could you please let me know which device you have and the software version that it is running? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Hi Hector B,

Product is the NC700 headphones, running the latest update, Version 1.1.4

Thanks,

rmanard1

Highlighted

Hi Rmanard1, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Can you please also let me know which device you are connecting to the headphones with and the software version for that device? 

Thanks, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Hi Hector,

2 devices:

- iPhone 8 Plus running 12.3.2

- iPad Pro 12.9 (3rd gen) running 12.3.1

Thanks,

rmanard1

Highlighted

Hi Rmandard1, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. 

Can you please also confirm which steps the headphones fail at? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Hi Hector,

I can connect manually via Bluetooth no problem ... I can play music off my device and it comes through the headphones.  I can then connect to the Bose Music App and it will see the device.  Through the App, I can play music from my device and control it.  However, when I select anything through the music services like Pandora or Spotify, nothing responds.  

At this point, I noticed that the headphones are not connected to the LE connection.  However, if I connect to LE, the music services are still unresponsive.  Unless I'm missing something? (certainly possible).  

I also noticed that no matter what, I can't seem to put the device in standby mode through the app.  It consistently gives me an error.

Thanks,

rmanard1