Highlighted
christian88
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

Bose NC Headphones 700 intermittent sound issues on Microsoft Teams (macOS)

When using the headphones for VOIP calls with Microsoft Teams on my MacBook Pro I regularly have sound/connectivity issues where the audio coming though is garbled and very robotic, to the point it's inaudible.

I've not had the issue on other devices or with other audio sources on the MacBook Pro (Spotify, Chrome etc.).

I've checked everything is as up to date as I can (MacBook is company-owned so I can't update to Catalina yet 🙁)

Set up details;

Bose NC 700 (firmware v1.1.4)

MacBook Pro Retina (15-inch, Mid 2015) macOS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103)

Microsoft Teams (v1.2.00.28258)

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 intermittent sound issues on Microsoft Teams (macOS)

Hello christian88,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this, I am more than happy to assist you further today. We can go through some troubleshooting to try to get this resolved for you, let's start with a product reset, clearing the pairing list and rebooting the MacBook.

To reboot your headset:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

To clear the headset memory of previously paired Bluetooth® devices:

• Power on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared."

If these methods do not work then we may need to look into the computer settings to further investigate, please let me know how you get on.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

christian88
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 intermittent sound issues on Microsoft Teams (macOS)

Thanks, I've done those so will see how I get on with my next call.