Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Bose NC Headphones 700 issues

After few days of using the Bose NC 700 which i recently purchased, and my experience with this has been so poor. Here are a few issues I've had:

1) Random skipping sounds/ distorted sounds while listening music/watch movie. Yes, i have tried all the options that Bose has suggested. My laptop is less than one year old and my phone is iPhone 10. I even tried to reset my laptop to factory default where it has only windows 10 OS, Chrome & Firefox (no antivirus and other applications which I used). The skipping sounds issue still occurs. I have no problem with the sound when i use my other wireless headphones or Bluetooth speakers.

2) Sounds is so horrible when connect through audio cable.

3)Noise cancelling performance has been reduced quite a bit after the firmware 1.3.1 upgrade. I can hear the background noise when listening the music with NC level set at 10. Why break something that work.

4) The battery indicator is all over the map. For example, it showed 17 hrs 35min before i powered it off then it showed 18 hrs 15 min on the next time. Is it possible to get a fully charge (19hrs46min) in an hour of charging right after its battery indicated on low level?

4)You can not use the headphone while charging. Also, the charging cable is darn short. Can you fix it so we can use it while charging the device?

5)Tech support is a joke. I called them for the sound issues I've encountered. The only solution they provided was return and get a new pair.

Come on , Bose...you can do better than this since it is one of your high end products. You need to acknowledge the issues your customers report to you. Also, let your customers know that you are working to address those problems instead of being quiet. We deserve better than this.

8 REPLIES 8
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 issues

Basis the customer comments and the lack of responsiveness to customers, count me out.  One thing I can not stand is when suppliers ignore customers or seem to be irritated when we ask questions or ask for specifications.

Hi Gje2122, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you seem to be experiencing with your NC700's. The issues you have experienced are not normal behaviors and I will do all I can to assist you in getting these resolved. 

I would recommend double-checking your firmware version by plugging the headphones into a computer or laptop and heading to the LINK HERE and following the on-screen instructions. In some cases, the updater will allow you to reinstall the update if you are already up to date. 

I have marked your original post as a feedback request so that the development team is able to view this. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Hi Jessie:

1) my device's firmware is up to date (v 1.3.1). It performed update shortly after i finish the set up.  Prior this version the NC worked so perfectly.  Now, i could hear the background noise when i listen to the music with NC's level set at 10.  NC feature was the main reason i purchase this set. 

2) I've tried your suggestion along with other suggestions  that available on Bose site before i contact Bose's tech support.   None of those suggestions didn't work for the issues i've encountered.

3) I could put up with the incorrect battery indicator but the crackling/skipping sounds are so hard to ignore.  That alone is killing the enjoyment of using this device.

4) the Bose Music randomly cannot find the headset even though it is connected to my phone.

I like Bose products enough but it is so hard to justify to keep this set since it has so many issues.  I may end up returning this back the store where i bought this.

Thank you for your help though. I really appreciate it.

Participant
Registered since

May 4, 2020

Agreed! after spending over $400.00 USD after taxes for an product, you'd expect more. The Headphones disconnect all the time, and the Bose Music App, NEVER works unless I closs out of the app and re-enter, or restart my 700's. This is my first time and LAST time purchasing Bose headphones. My old SkullCandy headphones are great after 6 years... Get it together Bose! 

Participant
Registered since

May 21, 2020

I am experiencing exactly the same problems (especially the quality of noise cancelling decreased signficantly). I was wondering if you finally found a solution?

Contributor
Registered since

Aug 2, 2020

I have the same problem.

my headphones used to work well and I recommended them to friends. However, a few months ago there was an update and now they are hot garbage.

They make constant popping sounds when playing music or games. The noise cancelation is now worse than budget no name brand noise cancelling headphones! I would say that they are only a tiny bit better than the passive cancelation I had in my old soundlinks.

The thing is.. If the headphones are not outputting sound, if I'm just using them to cancel noise, they work fine. No problem. It seems as though the update messed up how the headphones are processing information from the noise cancelling microphones.

If I had not purchased these duty free at an Airport, I would have already returned them. 

Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

My 1st pair went to warranty and was replaced. 

Now, with part #2, I placed them again and nothing was done. Only a version upgrade which they didn't test as well. So now I need to go again for the 3rd time. 

This sucks. 

Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2020

I’m having the same issues with my NC Bose 700’s, which I purchased at full price 2 weeks ago. 

I am having the following issues: 

constant static/popcorn sounds (even just opening this feedback forum seemed to trigger popcorn sounds). When I’m streaming music on Spotify Premium, every time the song changes, the popcorn static noises happen which is pretty terrible. Throughout listening to music, the popcorn static happens randomly. It’s god-awful. 

The iOS Bose app oftentimes cannot find my NC Bose 700 Headphones. Thus, impacting my ability to connect via Bluetooth to my MacBook Pro. 

I work in support, and I keep all my tech up to date to prevent issues. So this is clearly a Bose issue. 

really annoyed, I’m going to return these and never buy a Bose product again as this is just terrible.