Highlighted
Sara_Abreu
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 3, 2019

Bose NC Headphones 700 touch controls not working although I tried your instructions

I have tried your instructions on a previous topic with the same issue and still, touch functions pause/unpause/skip are not working on Spotify or Youtube web or app on my Laptop, a DELL Inspiron 15 7000.

It's working perfectly on my phone, though.

Any new suggestions?
I've reset, installed the latest version of the app, all of it.

Thanks

Sara

1 REPLY 1

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 touch controls not working although I tried your instructions

Hello Sara,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry that you are not able to use the touch controls on your NC Headphones 700 with your Dell laptop. 

Are you connected through the wired audio cable or through Bluetooth? In the case of the audio cable, the touch controls can only be used to control the volume as this is localized to the headphones. If through Bluetooth, then the AVRCP command will be sent from the headphones and the laptop will process this and decide where to direct it. This is hard to control when there are so many different brands and technologies with PCs. Generally, it is found that the command will correctly control the app if it is the active screen on your laptop. For example, if you directly click on the Spotify window and try the controls, do they work at all?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support