Highlighted
Jose Ibanez
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

Bose NC Headphones 700 touch controls not working

I have just unboxed my new headphones and after a few minutes the touchpad stopped working. Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose NC Headphones 700 touch controls not working

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jose Ibanez

Hi Jose, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm truly sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your new Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. I would love to see how I can help with this. 

My first recommendation would be to perform a reset on the headphones. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

Additionally, I would recommend visiting btu.bose.com on your computer and ensuring that the headphones are running the latest firmware. 

Once you have done this, please get back to me and let me know if there has been an improvement. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

11 REPLIES 11

Author Accepted Answer selected by Jose Ibanez

Hi Jose, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm truly sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your new Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. I would love to see how I can help with this. 

My first recommendation would be to perform a reset on the headphones. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

Additionally, I would recommend visiting btu.bose.com on your computer and ensuring that the headphones are running the latest firmware. 

Once you have done this, please get back to me and let me know if there has been an improvement. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Jose Ibanez
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 7, 2019

Problem solved! Thank you!

kellie71
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Hi - I have updated the software and performed the reset via the USB cable, but my 700s still only respond to volume adjustment via the touch pad. I cannot pause/skip ahead/go back when listening to Spotify via my laptop.

Hello kellie71, 

Thank you for joining in the discussion. Welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are also having issues with the touch controls not working. 

With regard to being unable to pause/skip forward/back, can you please confirm if you have tried to pair the headphones to a smartphone instead to see if the same issue occurs? 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

kellie71
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Thank you, Jeff. The touch controls are fully responsive when streaming music via my phone. What steps can we take to have the same touch control when streaming via laptop?

Thank you, Kellie

Hello kellie71,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I understand your frustration in this situation and will try my best to help you out. I recommend that you test the headphones with your phone to see if the same issue occurs. 

Please get back to me with your results.

Kindest regards,

Zoe  C

kellie71
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Hi Zoe - I've already tried that; the touch controls work w/my phone but not w/my laptop.

-Kellie

Hello kellie71,

Thanks for getting back in touch, can you please confirm whether on your computer you are using the Spotify app or in your web browser? 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

kellie71
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Hi Zoe  - I am using the Spotify app; this is the version: 1.1.16.522.g55a4b852 

Thank you, Kellie