rr_84
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Bose NC700 -Device Mute in VOIP Calls

Hi,

in My Bose 700 NC Headphones, I am not able to mute calls from my Headset when I am  on Zoom, Teams. Etc. 

Note:  I am able to mute calls from my Bose NC700 Device in a Phone call and also muting the VOIP calls from the Application is never an issue.

Is this a bug ,any plans to fix this?.If so this is a serious limitation.

Firmware version is 1.4.12

26 REPLIES 26
Sam_F

Re: Bose NC700 -Device Mute in VOIP Calls

Hey ramji43,

I hope you're enjoying your NC700 headphones so far!

From what you've explained, it seems you are aware of and have been able to mute your phone calls and VOIP calls. To confirm, are you using the same button press when trying to mute Zoom and Teams calls?

What device are you using to make the Zoom & Teams calls? Have you been able to try muting on a different device? Finally, have you tried any sort of troubleshooting so far to amend this, such as a reset of clearing of the pairing list?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ClarenceW
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

I recently purchased the NC700, and I’m having the same issue with Teams call on a PC.  The mute button on the headset does not work, pretty disappointing.  Is there a fix coming soon?   Might have to consider returning the product, as this is a critical function for my usage.

rr_84
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

I have tried on the following Apps:

1 .Cisco Webex

2. Zoom calls

3. Skype

4.Microsoft Teams

on a Lenovo Laptop and Surface Pro.

Mute button in Bose NC700 doesn't mute the call in VOIP Applications.

It just mutes the Phone calls

Vicky_W

Tanks for getting back to us RR_84. The NC 700's do have a mute capability much like QC35 II using the buttons on the headset. You can check it out here on page 22 of the owner's guide. This mutes the mic path on the headset and works seamlessly with a mobile device. There is also a Voice Prompt that says the mic is muted or unmuted. However, this is not currently designed to work with Computers and VOIP SW like teams, Skype, Zoom, Etc.

I am more than happy to raise this as a feature request with the development team for you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rr_84
Participant
Registered since

Dec 5, 2019

Hi Vicky, Thanks for replying. Yes, that's exactly my point too. It just mutes the Phone calls on my mobile Device.

Please consider this as a must-have feature, as the whole point of having a Bluetooth Headset is not to be tied to the chair.

Appreciate if you could put a request for an urgent feature update, as its more of a must-have feature rather than a nice to have.

LedZeppelinWails
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

Wondering if others might want to try, what I did.  Looks like there are multiple threads with the same issue.  To me it seems like the headset doesn't know what its connected to.

From another thread I posted in, might help others.  Certainly not a fix.  Hoping to bump these threads so Bose can chime in.

Here is the thread: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/700-NC-Call-Controls-on-Microsoft-Teams-Not-W...

For me to get the mute button to actually work, this is what I need to do.  Wonky, but it consistently works.  Before I join a meeting, I need to both have my NC 700 connected to my computer and my phone.  I join the meeting.  I go into the Bose Music app and connect with that as well (its always "not available" and I always have to refresh then I can connect, event though it is connected in Android).  Once I see its connected in the app and from the main screen see the battery, etc, I click on it again to go to my device settings.  Then I go to the Bluetooth source button where I can see the two sliders for my phone and my PC.  I turn of the slider for my phone.  Mute button works.  If I turn my phone back on with the slider, mute button stops working.  Also if I turn my phone back on with the slider (as a Bluetooth source), the only way I can get the button to mute again is to start the whole process over. All the way back to my above sentence of "Before I join a meeting", so if I'm in a meeting, I have to leave it and start over.  I have to do this for every single meeting.  So if I were to hop off of one meeting to join another, I start that process all over again before joining the second meeting.  It appears to consistently work for me.  Would LOVE to hear if it works for someone else.  If it does maybe it will point Bose in the right direction.

Also all of that said, I also need to have Zoom pointing to the headset, not headphones in the audio options.  This is recommended elsewhere and I think this is a must.

anishmike
Participant
Registered since

Jul 3, 2020

Have you tried using the button for Goole Assistance/Alexa, not sure if it's designed to mute the calls but when I accidentally pressed it when on a Zoom call, it muted and unmuted when it was pressed again.

Manxs
Participant
Registered since

Jul 14, 2020

Please make this work to be able to mute for conference calls as well. The behaviour from a software perpective should be very simple. No matter what audio signal is coming through (from a phone or computer) pressing a button should mute / unmute the microphone. If there is no audio signal, the assistant button can revert to its default setting. Please fix this Bose!

adityakanawade
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2020

Hi Bose representatives,

Is there any update on this issue or at least if we could know that Bose is working on it?

Thanks