Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2020

Bose NC700 Equalizer Missing?

I noticed that the Bose NC700 headphones don't have the equalizer feature anymore? What happened to it? Is it coming back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Bose NC700 Equalizer Missing?

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Anne_S

Hi all,

I am very excited to be able to annouce that the new firmware is now available. Today we released 1.7.0 and it includes many improvements and features. You will now be able to enjoy the Adjustable Equalizer, which allows you to personalize the audio on your NC700 Headphones from the Bose Music App. 

I invite you to read the full release notes of this here.

If you experience any issues you believe are a result up updating your firmware to 1.7.0, please let us know in the comments of the release notes.

Many thanks for your patience!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hi starwolf444,

Very sorry to hear this!

Can you confirm the firmware version of your headphones? This can be found in the product settings in the Bose Music app. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2020

It's firmware 1.3.1 and it says everywhere that it is the current version.

Highlighted

Thank you.

At this time, it is not possible to update your firmware past 1.3.1 unless you already had 1.4.12 before we decided to halt the ability to download this firmware.

This is because we have had reports of unexpected behaviour occurring with the 1.4.12 firmware, so to avoid further concerns with customers at this time if you have firmware version 1.3.1 this is the latest firmware available to you. Users who already have firmware 1.4.12 can currently update to 1.5.1, but this firmware is solely to address the red and white blinking LED issue reported resulting from version 1.4.12.

We're aware that users with 1.3.1 are eager to get the EQ which has been made available by the 1.4.12 update, but we appreciate your patience whilst we look into the firmware concerns before we allow this download to continue. 

If you have any further questions do let us know.

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2020

Thanks, I'm just glad I know what's going on, look forward to when it can be made available again!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Anne_S

Hi all,

I am very excited to be able to annouce that the new firmware is now available. Today we released 1.7.0 and it includes many improvements and features. You will now be able to enjoy the Adjustable Equalizer, which allows you to personalize the audio on your NC700 Headphones from the Bose Music App. 

I invite you to read the full release notes of this here.

If you experience any issues you believe are a result up updating your firmware to 1.7.0, please let us know in the comments of the release notes.

Many thanks for your patience!

New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post